Which CF Card?

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
Am I likely to see any difference by using Sandisk Ultra II CF cards as against Ultra III cards with my D200?

cheers guys, I have been looking for these informations for quite long ... finally

Thanks again

If it's any help I do see a difference between Ultra II and Extreme III. Not huge but it's there. I think there's a warranty difference too? But I'm not 100% certain on that one.

According to the Compact Flash database on Rob Galbraith sites you should see about a 15% improvement , if I've read the figures right.

Check here to make sure

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/camera_multi_page.asp?cid=6007-9406

Thanks for that....

If it's any help I do see a difference between Ultra II and Extreme III. Not huge but it's there. I think there's a warranty difference too? But I'm not 100% certain on that one.

You mean when shooting or when transferring images to the computer?

Not often when shooting unless you're always filling the buffer up with long bursts. And I suppose the particular body has a lot to do with that anyway. And as I use Canon and really know pretty much nothing about current Nikon bodies you can largely discount my opinion there.

Transferring to the computer, then yes, I'd say the extreme III is faster. But we're not talking huge differences. Bottom line... I think the Extreme III is worth the difference (for me) The Ultra II is quite good at a lower price. You're unlikely to be disappointed with either.

I've just ordered a 16gB Extreme III card. Apparently I won't see any difference from that and Extreme IV on my 50D.

I've just ordered a 16gB Extreme III card. Apparently I won't see any difference from that and Extreme IV on my 50D.

I know it's a bit late, but I'd think twice about getting a card that large in capacity. :eek:

All eggs in one basket etc.

I have a Nikon D300 which gives RAW files of approximately 8-12Mb, and I won't be going over 4Gb cards, which give 300+ files. 50D Raw files are about 20Mb apparently, so maybe a few 4-8Gb cards would be wiser.

I use a lot of space when shooting all day so it suits me really. I have a 4gB IV in case it fails.

I understand, and it's personal preference. :)

If I know I'm not going to fill two 4Gb cards, I'll change before one is full, as losing 300+ pics in one go could be painful. The possibility of losing maybe upto 800 pics on 16Gb card seems a that bit scarier. ;) :LOL:

Back