which digital compact?

Name
Shane
Edit My Images
No
I'm looking for a digital compact in the £100 - £150 range.
Needs to be as thin as possible with a good optical zoom.

Any suggestions?

Bought our lass a Fuji finepix F50fd for Xmas last year, came in at the top end of your budget back then, probably reduced somewhere now? She's well chuffed with it.

Canon PowerShot A570 IS and Canon PowerShot A590 IS seem to be within the price range and they have manual controls, IS and are fairly compact.
I haven't used any of them, but samples on the Internet look like they're fairly standard pocket digicams otherwise.

The Ixus range is generally good cameras - the 82 looks good, the 70 and 75 were good but all with a three times optical zoom but in budget. I've got a FX33 which I'm very happy with, it's small, slim and takes wicked pics but again only 3x zoom (but a 28mm wide angle AND a Leica lens :) ). If you're looking for something very slim with as much zoom as possible then maybe look into the Olympus C-560 - it's very slim with a 5x optical zoom and large screen.. have fun!

If you fancy squeezing that price up to £171 you can get a Canon IXUX 860 IS which is the business, just got one because I cracked the screen on my Canon IXUS 400 and am well pleased. I bought My mum the Canon IXUS 82 IS (Just Jessop’s) and she is very pleased with it and has been out and about quite a bit and got some very good shots with it (she is 85).

Back