Which do you prefer?

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Been a very long time since posting a picture on here so here goes!

Gdad2-1.jpg

Gdad3.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Heh yeah, the hat was holding the ear down.

Thanks though :).

second one. more impact. The face of an older person seems to tell lots without saying anything. I think it's all the wrinkles (not that there at a huge amount with this gentleman) says 'I've been around and got some stories to tell'. Second shot does look a bit over sharpened to me. I would have left alone so it was softer.

second one. more impact. The face of an older person seems to tell lots without saying anything. I think it's all the wrinkles (not that there at a huge amount with this gentleman) says 'I've been around and got some stories to tell'. Second shot does look a bit over sharpened to me. I would have left alone so it was softer.

Yeah, I may soften it up a bit.

These are my first 'portrait' kind of shots really.

I like both,

Great set of shots. If I had to choose, then number 1 for me.

Thanks guys :).

Here's the second one, with no sharpening;

test-5.jpg

I think I prefer the 1st second one (if you know what I mean)!

I think they are equally good - hows that for fence sitting!

I'd plump, if pushed, for #1 as I like the stark background which seems to marry nicely with the look of the subject himself (with all due respect :))

I think they are equally good - hows that for fence sitting!

I'd plump, if pushed, for #1 as I like the stark background which seems to marry nicely with the look of the subject himself (with all due respect :))

Heh, yeah i'm not sure either. I'm thinking maybe a slight crop in the first one, getting rid of some of the darker sky towards the top, but also it is creating a kind of border which I like!

second one for me, but the first second one. i prefer the sharper look in the face

Back