Which DSLR Monitor ...

Edit My Images
No
Ok, so I purchased my A65 with the main intention of using it for video, anyway; as most Alpha users already know by now there is no tethered shooting from this camera (hopefully getting fixed in the next firmware update!) so I am looking into purchasing a monitor so I can see how the image is coming through.

So what DSLR monitors are out there at the minute? What do you recommend and why?

Any help would be much appreciated :)

I bought this not long ago.

Iv used it a huge amount. Its been bashed arround a bit and has a few scratches but still works great.

Its littraly the cheapest one i found but its been great. I would suggest getting another hotshoe or 1/4 inch screw since the one it comes is flimsy.

Reasons i bought it:
Cheap,
Can turn the video upside down and mirror it,
Comes with lots of conextions should you ever move from DSLR,
Sunshade (not fantastic but once you get used to putting it on does the trick)
From amazon so fast delievery time.
Has the ability to run on battery or mains.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005LFPPIG/ref=oh_o03_s00_i00_details

mmm, there isn't tethering in terms of being able to change settings on the camera from a pc/laptop but the camera should be able to provide an image via HDMI to a pc/laptop.

Please excuse my ignorance as I am still learning; Is it possible to monitor through the laptop? Would that not mean I would need a hdmi input on the laptop?

If you are able to output a composite or component video signal from the camera, a cheap tv capture would allow you to view a live view on your laptop. HDMI systems are much more expensive, and less portable. I have no experience with the capture cards, but it is how most people online record footage from their games consoles.

It could be a viable solution if your camera is capable of this video output, but it wouldn't win any awards for image quality (y)

Back