Which enlarger please

JSER

Suspended / Banned
Name
Jeremy
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, in the past MANY years ago I started with the russian suitcase, and it was a very good enlarger, then I had my Crocus 66 colour sl, nice, finally n Agfa with colour head, somew scum stole it.

So..

Now I am back into mono, and there are many enlargers on ebay, so, I need assistance please.

I wont be doing MF as I can scan what few I have in, but having returned to FP4 and processing I will want to do upto 16" or whatever is nearest, and I hate drop in filters with a loathing, need dials.

I know little can go wrong with basic kit, I am not bothered about transformets and will be using my beloved Komuranon E lenses.

Advice please.

Thank you

If I had the money I'd get a DeVere with the base board adjusters for height and focus with a colour head.

I've got a Durst M605(I think) with a colour head which is good for 35mm up to 6x6 should you fancy going big. I'm not sure how big I could print on it though, before the image gets too close to the column. I'll have a little test tonight to see. But I can definately print up to 12x12.

I'm sorry this has taken so long to reply to. Stuff has just got in the way lately.

anyway, without further ado, a Durst M605 with a 35mm neg and a 50mm lens will print up to 18"x12" before you run out of head height.

Hope this helps.

Back