Which FF mirrorless

it is not uncommon for other brands to licence Sony sensors in part and add on their own implements or "flavour" to it or design them mostly and have them manufacture it. That's how nikon have done it in the past and fuji with their xtrans.
The AF on fuji and nikon sensors are also clearly their own implementations and has nothing to do with Sony.
Olympus and even canon 1" compacts use sony sensors.

But the camera market is actually very small segment for Sony in terms of their sensor sales. Majority of their sales comes from other markets like phones, industrial use cameras etc.

It was an epic amp (when it worked), THX certified, 7.2 channels, sounds good with music and movies. One day it just stopped, it powers up with no sound anywhere. Ended up selling it as broken for £100 and bought a Sony for £500 which although good, it’s not in the same league.

Ps I had red ring of death for my 360.

I had to, no lie - there's record of it in my history on here somewhere! - sell a Sony dslr as kinda busted - it was a cheap old A200, my first actual dslt after years of bridge cams. Maybe that's why I'm wary of Sony still? ... the 'Steady Shot' - the early days of IBIS, failed on it after about a year, so I sold it as working but no IBIS for half what it was worth. These things really can happen to any gear, no matter the price, had to knock some money off of my D800E when selling too because the grip was beginning to peel away. Buyer agreed a €50 drop what we initially haggled to and fixed it themselves .

Never had the RROD issue, I know plenty that did have though, I got lucky on that one.

Last edited:
Interestingly no comments on the article I posted earlier about the rumours Sony 'time limit' their products, only individual experiences which, as we have seen vary widely in such a small market sample of approx 10 people posting here.

Here is the link again:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/7054587/The-myth-of-the-Sony-kill-switch.html

and here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_timer

Probably because it's not worth the time commenting on it :p

Interestingly no comments on the article I posted earlier about the rumours Sony 'time limit' their products, only individual experiences which, as we have seen vary widely in such a small market sample of approx 10 people posting here.

Here is the link again:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/7054587/The-myth-of-the-Sony-kill-switch.html

and here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_timer

You don't need to quote the article again, which I read.

I know it says there is a bug for the TV but in the same article it also states there is no proof, and the heading of the article is call myth.

In conclusion, you have no proof.

Where we can only go by our experiences, not by myths and urban legends.

You don't need to quote the article again, which I read.

I know it says there is a bug for the TV but in the same article it also states there is no proof, and the heading of the article is call myth.

In conclusion, you have no proof.

Where we can only go by our experiences, not by myths and urban legends.

I agree there is no proof and I personally don't think they do but on the other hand it points to the unreliability of Sony products that a high proportion of Japanese people think it might exist. Myths happen because of a reason :)

If there was proof then they would be in s***! There was no proof about Apple products until it was discovered............ but everyone was suspicious how their iPhones ground to a crawl when an upgrade was due?

Last edited:
It's always concerning when the population of the Country where the product was manufactured have concerns over the reliability of that Companies products they develop an 'urban legend' over a time switch existing; whether it is true or not.

It's the same scenario as VW - users give good reviews of their cars but the fact of the matter is they score 'low' on reliability when the stats are analysed - in conclusion owners views of equipment should not be trusted.

But where is your proof?

I agree there is no proof

So what is your argument?

Struggling to understand again Raymond - for the rumour to even exist there must be a reliability issue with their products.

So your entire argument is that there are rumours?

Right….that's how it works then?

Just so that we are clear…rumours = facts ?

What if I start rumours about you? I thought you are an engineer, you look at facts, not myths.

Last edited:
You know There is no need to fuel your car, just whisper some myths down the tank and youre good to go.

Let's try a different approach since you are struggling - why do you think the myth about a 'time switch' even exists? (Let me guess; they are so reliable they never break down?!?!)

I am struggling?

You are the one trying to spin that rumours = facts.

You are deluded.

There is no point debating with someone who doesn't understand the meaning of facts, call yourself an engineer? I think you need to return that degree and go back to school.

Struggling….ha !

Let us remind ourselves you agree with me….yet you still argue otherwise.

I agree there is no proof and I personally don't think they do.

Last edited:
I don’t understand the Sony hate. I don’t understand why half the crap in this thread is actually relevant.

As far as the OP goes, I would wait for the Canon and Nikon are out. Go try them along with the Sony.

The Canon just does not cut it for me. It just will not do what I need/want it to do.

The Nikon. I’m not sure yet. The FPS and live view seems to differ a lot on different sites.

The Sony. I’m using one at the moment. It’s fantastic, well built and full of more useful features than both the above. But I’m still not sure on it. Not sure why. Guess been shooting with the D750 for so long, it just seems to be missing something. Maybe it’s just time I need!

Do you mean like the z7 banding, there's proof of that and there's proof of Nikon's unreliability.
Please stop stating facts and directing to proof, if you have any proper rumours and a Wikipedia page only then it can be true.

Last edited:
Yeap - I do agree with what I said which just means their products are unreliable turds!

They make your Nikon sensors which you love.

Your argument is biased, contradictory and outright baseless even you don't agree with yourself the minute to the next.

Last edited:
Wasn't aware Sony made film? It would probably tear if they did :)

Did I say film?

I said sensor, it's right there in the sentence that you quoted.

Who needs to learn English now?

p.s. English is not my first language, nor my second (yes, i am multi lingual, bite me)

Last edited:
.........again- why do you think there is a time switch myth? (You side stepped that question!)

As for this, remember that question I asked you a few months ago about character or flaw which you keep on side stepping despite being asked directly about 15 times?

Payback is a bitch :D lol

Last edited:
You do look an absolute fool at times Raymond, let me educate you!

You said:

'They make your Nikon Sensor that you love

In English when you use the pronoun of your it means 'that I own'

I do not own a Nikon camera with a Sony sensor which is why my Nikon cameras still work!

You own a Nikon DSLR? or used to own.

DSLR uses film now?

And in your previous post, you said Nikon designed, Sony made sensor. Or have you forgotten already?

And I said sensor , this is the important word here, not "your"….how does "your" changes the meaning of the noun - Sensor.

Does "get off your chair" all of the suddenly changes the meaning of chair to big pile of roses?

The only error that I have made is in the present/past tense which seemingly is the ammunition you used, yet you somehow changes the meaning of entire objects and think that is perfectly valid!

Last edited:
I do - but it uses a Nikon sensor hence it is reliable and awesome - not like the pile of unreliable pooh you own.

It's a shame your degrees didn't teach you the meaning of using the pronoun 'Your'? (Education these days hey; not worth the paper it's written on!)

Or maybe you just bought the degrees on the internet?

Your Nikon sensor is made by Sony.

Please stop your digging into this hole, you have been called so many things by so many people in so many threads in the past few days (I have noticed, which I am sure you do too when they quote you), which you should take it as a reflection and see that the common denominator here is YOU, which should tell you something.

p.s. you are right on the plural of the use of degrees, I have more than 1, actually, more than 2 :p

Last edited:
Your Nikon sensor is made by Sony.

I own/have owned a Nikon D2h, Nikon D3 & Nikon D4; main camera is a Nikon F3 (Not a Sony sensor in sight!) - check on the pictures I have posted here via flickr; they all have exif data :p

Last edited:
..…………..anyway, congratulations Fraser you have managed to spoil another thread - I'll pat you on the back :)

I agree - by the 'blinded' Sony owners who risk having their little bubbles burst!

Where as your posting history shows you just frustrate everyone!

Can your degrees (that are clearly not in English language) tell me now what Nikon cameras I have owned with a Sony sensor ?

.............anyway; congratulations on passing a few exams - I'll pat you on the back :)

Love how you can't back up your argument with any proof about Sony having bad build quality.

I agree there is no proof and I personally don't think they do.

Then moving onto attacking me on my English.

To pick on the word "your"

To now playing a game of Guess what Nikon camera I had!"

All in the name of what exactly?

Serious Fraser, look in the mirror. Keep digging, keep digging.

p.s the 2 card thing, does the latest Fuji X-T3 have dual UHS-II card slots? :D

Perhaps somebody was reading.

Last edited:
.............:)

Ignore my views then but you can't ignore exploding batteries, laptops that just suddenly die, 'bugs' in firmware that stops products working..............hence the Japanese population have a mistrust of Sony products and they are desperately trying to stop that mistrust spreading to the rest of the world

Let's try a different approach since you are struggling - why do you think the myth about a 'time switch' even exists? (Let me guess; they are so reliable they never break down?!?!)

I'll take someone desperately clutching at straws to attack a brand they have an irrational dislike for 100 please Bob.

It really doesn't matter - I don't own a Sony 'time bomb' :D

I prefer quality engineering.

Fraser, you were being really pathetic when you started all this nonsense. But now? I can imagine you stamping your feet and sticking your tongue out as you type.:D

But on the up side this seems to be the longest you have put a post up without going back to edit it after someone has already responded to it. :rolleyes:

You always get one clown at the circus.

I would suggest everyone just adds him to your ignore list. He can then just argue with himself.

It may give his ego a small victory if we all ignore him, but for the sake of the forum and for the people actually trying to give decent advise to the OP it is for the best.

I suggest admin clear up all the b******t in this thread too. It’s turned in to a petty argument with someone who clearly thinks they are ‘always right’ with no actual proof of anything. And don’t give me that freedom of speech crap either, constantly posting to get a reaction and then arguing about facts is just idiotic.

I have seen a lot of threads go off topic and a lot of rubbish spouted, but this is on another level.

The old phrase ‘don’t feed the Trolls’ (or Troll) is spot on here.

Last edited:
Not me, still got the same Elite I had a decade back, still running. It's about the only luck I've ever had with an electronic device.
I’ve just got a feeling the elite models weren’t affected by the rrod?

Back