which flash gun

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
No
I have a nikon d300 and looking for a suitable flash gun

The d300 normally has the 70/200 f2.8 vr fitted whislt shooting at forest rally stages in the forest which can be very dim so looking for a flash

it will be also used in general use but no studio use not my interest

anyone with experience your ideas gratefully received

Gary

Get a sb900 or a second hand sb800 . I have both, thinking about it get the sb900 as it zooms to 200mm while the sb800 only zooms to 105mm iirc. Sb900 menus are easier to use aswell

If you can afford it then, as Dave says, go for the SB-900, it's a much better gun all round - Jessops and/or Jacobs usually have a deal on for them

just ordered sb 900 with Jacobs £299 with £5 dhl carriage included

Gary

299!?! How did you manage that?

I can only find them for 319 on their website.

Credit card at the ready :LOL:

-Rob

Good linky... ;)

I ps At the time of writing.... It's interesting - or probably not - that everyone in this thread has 'D300' listed as their main camera.

:cautious: ... THAT'S easily remedied then... :LOL:

08.gif

You hold him down, I'll break his legs with my MB-D10:LOL:

I know nikon stuff is tuff but I do not want to risk mb-d10 getting damaged as I do not even think Nikon would repair it under warrenty if it was used for that.;)

I know nikon stuff is tuff but I do not want to risk mb-d10 getting damaged as I do not even think Nikon would repair it under warrenty if it was used for that.;)

I'm pretty sure that there's something in the acceptable uses section that allows hitting Canon owners with it :LOL:

I'm pretty sure that there's something in the acceptable uses section that allows hitting Canon owners with it :LOL:

Ahem... :cautious: ... WHAT... :shrug: ... Canon owner... :nono:

:D

Excuse me now but I'm off to do something useful for a minute or two... :thinking: ... like taking some more pics with my main camera... :wacky:

08.gif

The flash arrived at 12-45 yesterday around 26 hours after ordering :D

Well done Jacobs

Gary

Back