Which Flash Olympus E410

Edit My Images
Yes
Im looking at buying a flash for my Olympus EVolt 410 but Ive no idea which to look for.

Are there any specific hotshoe ones that work with it or will any do?

Ive seen a few Olympus G40s on Ebay that are cheap but Ive no idea if theyre compatible.

Olympus FL36 aor FL50 (or FL36r and FL50r), Metz AF36 or AF48, Nissin do one too. All are dedicated to E system DSLRs. There's anothe rsmaller Olympus flash too, but most would go with the 36.

Olympus FL36 aor FL50 (or FL36r and FL50r), Metz AF36 or AF48, Nissin do one too. All are dedicated to E system DSLRs. There's anothe rsmaller Olympus flash too, but most would go with the 36.

Thanks. Bearing in mind Im just getting back into DSLR's and moving house Im trying to keep the cost down as much as possible. Ive seen the following ones on Ebay

Third Party Flash On Ebay

Olympus Flash

Im wondering if either of these would work or if it can only take ones specifically made for the E system.

Depends what you're after. If you want ettl then the ones mentioned before are tour best bet. Cheaper ones may well work but there's 2 things to remember.... 1 They'll be manual only - they won't meter with the camera and you have to set the power yourself. 2 Be careful of older flashes some of the trigger voltages will damage your camera.

When I had an E510 I had a Metz (48 I think it was) similar spec to the expensive fl50 but a fraction of the price.

For a decent ettl flash your looking at around £100 second hand I reckon.

Neil

Depends what you're after. If you want ettl then the ones mentioned before are tour best bet. Cheaper ones may well work but there's 2 things to remember.... 1 They'll be manual only - they won't meter with the camera and you have to set the power yourself. 2 Be careful of older flashes some of the trigger voltages will damage your camera.

When I had an E510 I had a Metz (48 I think it was) similar spec to the expensive fl50 but a fraction of the price.

For a decent ettl flash your looking at around £100 second hand I reckon.

Neil

Cheers, thats what I was trying to ask i.e the pros but more the cons, just couldnt put it in words. Looks like Ill be raiding the kids piggy bank.......

Yep that would be the sort of thing. Shop around fir the best price - it's a couple of quid cheaper at Amazon. Also keep your eye out in the classifieds here and other Olympus dedicated forums - flash units do come up from time to time.

Neil

Last edited:
Back