WHICH IS BEST PLEASE

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I,m thinking of getting a new compact system camera it,s betwean a Sony 6000 or a Canon M3 I already have canon dslr so could use my lens on the canon with a adapter, but the most importen thing is image quality as always as any one got one how DO they fair have you any shots you could put up to see thanks for your time

Hi I,m thinking of getting a new compact system camera it,s betwean a Sony 6000 or a Canon M3 I already have canon dslr so could use my lens on the canon with a adapter, but the most importen thing is image quality as always as any one got one how DO they fair have you any shots you could put up to see thanks for your time

I've not owned any of the recent Sonys so can't compare (hated the menus on an old NEX-5 I used to have), but I have the M3 and like it very much. Ignore all the bad press the original EOS-M got - that's ancient history and the M3 is a very much better beast anyway, especially with the EVF attached. I've found image quality to be very good although the out-of-camera jpegs aren't as good as Fuji's or Olympus', but the raws in my opinion are better. Having come from Canon full-frame myself, I found the M3 easy to navigate. Using EF lenses on it with an adaptor is OK but the AF is slow and the big lenses are a bit cumbersome. Otherwise I'm very happy with mine. They just need to make some more native lenses for it!

Bit of a tricky question to answer in terms of which is best in terms of image quality as there's so many variables that will affect image quality. But in pure terms of sensor performance the Sony has better colour depth, better dynamic range and better noise handling. However, each are capable of producing brilliant images and I would advise focussing your attention on how the camera feels ergonomically, how the button layout suits you, how easy you find the menus etc etc. The other thing to bear in mind is that the AF system in the M3 still lags behind the A6000 and so depending on what you're shooting it matters little how good the image quality can be if the AF system won't get you the shot. The A6000 has one of the best AF systems in the mirrorless market.

http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Canon-EOS-M3-versus-Sony-A6000___1019_942

Thanks for your info as I thought it's tight to pick I did like the Sony 6000 but I did read the kit lens was poor as didn't want to pay out more money on a better lens for it I was torn betwean the 2,

The 16-50 kit lens is perfectly fine. It's not a low light, shallow depth of field prime but it weighs nothing and is tiny on the body. So long as you know what it can do, there's no need to replace it.

Last edited:
Thanks for your info as I thought it's tight to pick I did like the Sony 6000 but I did read the kit lens was poor as didn't want to pay out more money on a better lens for it I was torn betwean the 2,

The kit lens is fine. If you want to print at 40" x 60" it will do fine, you might have problems beyond 5 foot x 3 foot 4 inches.

If you are viewing on a laptop screen...

Back