Which Lens Adapter Do I Need?

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello. I've picked up a few old prime lenses, M42, and I'd like to try them on my Nikon D7000/D7100. Could someone please tell which adapter I need?
Hopefully a cheap and cheerful one:giggle:

Appreciated GreenNinja67. Sounds simple enough, it's just I've seen them from £3.00 up to £34.00, some have optics. So all I need is a plain adapter ring, M42 to Nikon F mount?

Appreciated GreenNinja67. Sounds simple enough, it's just I've seen them from £3.00 up to £34.00, some have optics. So all I need is a plain adapter ring, M42 to Nikon F mount?
Yes should be.

I always buy SRB adaptors as they've always been pretty good quality.

I'd avoid anything with optics.

I've recently bought a K&F adapter to go from my Minolta lenses to my Sony.

I'm on my second as the first one started to come apart. I don't see many bad reviews of them, but unfortunately can only give my honest opinion.

I'd also say, it took weeks to arrive when ordering direct from K&F. Then ordered from Amazon and it came the next day.

As it happens, I was getting fed-up of waiting for the original, and the Amazon one turned up first. Ordering from Amazon, I'm never sure if you're getting a genuine article or not.

So - all in all. Just me making a short story long, I'd avoid buying from Amazon, and would hesitate to recommend K&F currently.

I'd avoid anything with optics.

I've recently bought a K&F adapter to go from my Minolta lenses to my Sony.

I'm on my second as the first one started to come apart. I don't see many bad reviews of them, but unfortunately can only give my honest opinion.

I'd also say, it took weeks to arrive when ordering direct from K&F. Then ordered from Amazon and it came the next day.

As it happens, I was getting fed-up of waiting for the original, and the Amazon one turned up first. Ordering from Amazon, I'm never sure if you're getting a genuine article or not.

So - all in all. Just me making a short story long, I'd avoid buying from Amazon, and would hesitate to recommend K&F currently.
Appreciated Kell. I'm not too keen ordering from Amazon. Had to return far too many items in the past that arrived broken or with parts missing. I ordered the Sigma 150-600 a few years ago, that went back due to focusing issues, Nikon fit, they sent me a replacement, Canon fit!

Back