Which lens for my 5d mk2

Name
andy
Edit My Images
No
Hi peeps
OK so im looking for a new lens for my 5d mk2, have decided not to go with canon and try out a third party lens e.g sigma/tamron. My question for you is which to buy and you thoughts on any lens, my general type of photography is landscapes, portraits. Any thoughts on any ideas or recommendations or sample pics using a sigma/tamron with a 5d mk2

Thanks Andy

Are you leaning towards 3rd party out of interest or because of budget ?

Bit of a mix bag in terms of what you've mentioned regarding use as portrait / landscape makes quite a difference ....

Primes or Zooms ?

stu.artd said:
Have you given any thought to the Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 Di VC ?

Was going to suggest the same, great for landscapes at the wide end and a decent portrait length at the long end. The reviews are excellent and it's 'slightly' better value for money than the canon 24-70 mkii!

Having just looked in the OP's kit back and seen a 17-40mm f4L, 24-70mm f2.8L etc etc the only real weakness is that I see is the nifty fifty and it's ideal to oppertunity to buy a Sigma 50mm f1.4

Having just looked in the OP's kit back and seen a 17-40mm f4L, 24-70mm f2.8L etc etc the only real weakness is that I see is the nifty fifty and it's ideal to oppertunity to buy a Sigma 50mm f1.4

I must i say i havent updated my camera bag for a long time, i now only own the nifty fifty and a canon 85mm 1.8 prime and an m42 fit jupiter 11a.

Andy

Back