Which lens next...help...!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone...
since i have joined this site around xmas time, i have managed to get so much help with my photography, advice, comments on my own pics, and new things to try.
I own a Canon 350D, with just the basic 18-55 lens still....due to other committments i havent managed to get around to purchasing a new lens. Now i feel its time to broaden my horizons and get a tele lens. I would also like to get a macro lens, but tele is higher on the list, as i spend alot of time outside, for sport, hiking, photography etc....and the 55mm lens just doesnt do it. (I am also off to africa for a month in oct, and want something good for the nature when we go on safari.)
I have been recommened the best to get would be a 80-200mm. Is this right, or can anyone else suggest a better lens to add to my bag, for a good general range. (I wanna get closer to things! but at the same time, im not a millionaire!)

If ya catch my drift, please drop me a line...need some sound advice....
(also if anyone lives norfolk way and ever wants to go out shooting (pics that is), whos emaybe more pro than me, i would be quite keen....gettin bored of flowers and trees!

Cheers guys...

Guy

Guy,
70-300 IS (if you can get hold of one) or 70-200 F4L with 1.4TC or 100-400 would be good options. It really depends on budget. I'm sure there are some Sigma equivalents too.

I am working in Bircham during the week so am generally looking for something to do in the evenings if you are anywhere near.

Mark

Around the £120 mark is the Sigma 70-300 APO DG from HK (not bad)
Around the £350 mark is the Canon 70-300 USM IS (better)

Around the £1000 mark is the Canon 100-400 USM IS

Back