Which lens to use?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
My wife is in a swimming competition tomorrow and I was going to use my Canon 70-300 4-5.6 IS. However the IS is on the fritz and flicking all over the place. Am I better off using the Sigma 18-200 3.5-6.3 OS, whose stabilisation is working and just resizing the image? I'll be using a 7D, possibly using a monopod, if the toddler I shall also be carrying doesn't use it as a weapon.

Use which ever lens you need to get the image you want, if its close in then you need the long lens if your wanting wider then the 18-200 will be better.

Switch the IS off, maybe?

What i was wondering was whether you could get a better zoomed in image with a functioning IS on 200mm and enlarge the image, or with a 300mm without IS.

Wound up using both in the end. I used 650th as the shutter speed, but this may have been a bit to high as the ISO ranged between 2000-3200, so things may be a bit noisy, I'll try 500th next time.

On the plus side I was asked if I was selling shots after a couple of people looked at the LCD images! I feel this was more the result of an undiscriminating audience rather than skill.

Back