Beginner Which lighting set up?

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I'm looking for advice, I am soon to purchase my first camera. There's so much to look at but now I've decided on my camera I was wondering if you could help me with lighting.

I'll be experimenting with my camera probably to start with it will just be my wife and 2 children as my subjects, my wife for boudoir type shots and then family portraits individually and all together.

So, I'm hoping someone can help me with what lighting set up I should get. I've been looking at speedlights and so on.

Many thanks

What kind of budget do you have?
Would this be better in the lighting section?

Sorry thanks for moving it, well if I could find something for between 50-100 then that would be perfect. If I had to pay more I would probably wait a little bit before I purchase some lighting equipment

Sorry thanks for moving it, well if I could find something for between 50-100 then that would be perfect. If I had to pay more I would probably wait a little bit before I purchase some lighting equipment
For less than £100 you'll struggle, a cheap manual speedlight, triggers, stand and a pop up softbox might be possible for not much more though.

I'll have a look.

Yn560. £42

Transmitter £23

Stand £11

Softbox. £23

£99 all in. But you'll need batteries and a charger. :)

That budget leaves little room for maneuver, if you don't mind second hand look for an Interfit EX150 mk II 2 head kit which should be just under £100 on a good day.

Thanks, there is cheap sets on eBay that includes backdrops stands etc, I'm guessing the price is too good to be true and it's cheap tat

Thanks, there is cheap sets on eBay that includes backdrops stands etc, I'm guessing the price is too good to be true and it's cheap tat

I'd say that about sums it up but there is a little disagreement on that point here, some people make them work for them but I wouldn't recommend it.

Back