which memory card

Edit My Images
Yes
i hope you dont mind me asking this question ,i am going the tt at the isle of man soon and wanted to take another couple of cards with me,what are the best for sport photography ?

i have a canon 400d and a sigma 150-500mm lens

thank you in advanced
geoff

When I had a 400D I used the SanDisk 8GB 30MB/s cards and never had a problem with them.

Try SanDisk extreme

I've just bought a SanDisk Extreme Pro 600x 64GB - works a treat and lifetime guarantee with SanDisk (y)

You cannot go wrong with SanDisk. I have a 8gb 30mb/ s and it far surpasses all the other cards I have

I use 64gb sandisk extreme 60mbs mainly for dslr video....never had a problem using it with 5dmkiii

Don't buy any cards from Ebad as it has been said that most are fakes....But, pay your money and takes your chance....

I would recommend the Sandisk Extreme 45MB/s version but I wouldn't bother with the Pro 95MB/s version. That's not to say that the Pro version is bad. It's not. But you won't see any benefit from the extra speed rating. 45MB/s is more than enough to keep up with your camera. I've tried both versions in a Nikon D7000, D600, D700 and Fuji X100s and there's no difference.

I would recommend the Sandisk Extreme 45MB/s version but I wouldn't bother with the Pro 95MB/s version. That's not to say that the Pro version is bad. It's not. But you won't see any benefit from the extra speed rating. 45MB/s is more than enough to keep up with your camera. I've tried both versions in a Nikon D7000, D600, D700 and Fuji X100s and there's no difference.
Its not all about your cameras buffer keeping up or clearing, its also about how fast you can transfer images from your card onto your PC

Its not all about your cameras buffer keeping up or clearing, its also about how fast you can transfer images from your card onto your PC

That's certainly true. But for me it's the performance in the camera that really counts. The Extreme cards are roughly half the price of the equivalent Extreme Pro cards, so I don't mind waiting a little longer when importing photos.

The other benefit of the Extreme Pro cards is that they're a bit more future proof. But I figure that by the time I can buy a camera that can use the extra performance, the cards will be much cheaper.

I just bought two twin packs of sandisk 30mb/s cards from currys for 19quid a pack. You CAn get them for 17quid posted per twin pack online too. Always been solid for me. Be aware that not all class 10 cards operate at class 10 speeds though!

I've never had an issue with Sandisk... seem very reliable... Extreme & Utra...

Back