Which Messenger Bag for FF body + 70-200 f/2.8?

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Following the recent purchase of a NIkon 70-200mm VRII, my current 'over-the-shoulder' messenger style bag is no longer big enough to accommodate this lens.

There are dozens of bags out there, varying in cost, but I can't tell which (if any) are big enough.

Can anyone recommend me a messenger style bag, which will house a FF body, 70-200 f/2.8 lens, along with a couple other smaller lenses?

Thanks in advance.

I use a canvas one from eBay that cost about £15 if I remember correctly.
There are quite a few sellers with the same bag. I use it with a ff body and the 70-200 + 24-70.

Something like eBay item number : 351450918016

I use a canvas one from eBay that cost about £15 if I remember correctly.
There are quite a few sellers with the same bag. I use it with a ff body and the 70-200 + 24-70.

Something like eBay item number : 351450918016
Thanks - I was looking at this one last night.

I assume it isn't big enough to hold the camera vertically (if that makes sense), with the 70-200mm lens attached? Does it fit horizontally?

I've got a Think Tank Retrospective 40 which will take a gripped D810 with the 70-200mm mounted stored vertically. The website also says the Retrospective 20 will take the 70-200mm mounted.

I would go for which one looks good for you, then how much protection you need and how much your willing to spend. Also do you want a bag thats quite discreet or one that shows your a photographer.

I have an incase messenger bag - its quite large that fits my laptop, D600+50mm+grip, chargers, etc. Not much protection but I'm able to bring everything I need.

Manfrotto do some nice bags.

The website also says the Retrospective 20 will take the 70-200mm mounted.

And indeed it will, I have one and one of the reasons I like it is while shooting I can drop the camera/70-200mm/hood in position into the bag and it will sit quite comfortably. The camera protrudes a bit though.
With hood reversed it has plenty of room. Also means I can store the 70-200mm with hood in position ready to go when I change lenses..

I've got a Think Tank Retrospective 40 which will take a gripped D810 with the 70-200mm mounted stored vertically. The website also says the Retrospective 20 will take the 70-200mm mounted.

And indeed it will, I have one and one of the reasons I like it is while shooting I can drop the camera/70-200mm/hood in position into the bag and it will sit quite comfortably. The camera protrudes a bit though.
With hood reversed it has plenty of room. Also means I can store the 70-200mm with hood in position ready to go when I change lenses..

Thanks guys, I'll take a look at this bag as it sounds like it's just what I'm looking for!

Think tank retrospective 20 held my D600 with 70-200 with battery grip and room either side for 24-70 one side and stacked primes on the other. Could also sit a flash on the 24-70. This includes the seperators and not forgetting the big front pocket tablet/ipod pouch at the back.

I'll second the Thinktank Retro 20. Holds my gripped 5d2 with 24-70 or 100-400mk2 attached with space on either side for another lens/ flash etc..

Back