Which model is Top end Equivalent to Nikon F6 and F3

Name
Rooban
Edit My Images
No
Dear All,

Just curious and wanted to learn..:bonk:

In Flim Cameras, Which is the ultimate AF (equivalent in Nikon is F6) and ultimate MF(Equvalent in Nikon is F3) in Canon, Pentax, Olympus, Minolta, Leica,Practica, Zeiss, Yashica, Mamiya, ...etc :thinking:

If there's no AF equivalent, you may kindly indicate the MF version alone. If you have something in your hand, shall be grateful if you can decorate the thread with the photo also.

Thank you for your time.

Rooban (y)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Results received so far for the Top end models in each make are as follows

1. Nikon - F6 for AF and F3/FM3a for MF

2. Canon - EOS 1V for AF and F1 for MF
3. Minolta - Dynax-9ti for AF and X 700 for MF
4. Olympus - OM4ti for MF
5. Pentax - MZ/S for AF and LX for MF

Last edited:
Canon EOS-1v is a current model. monster SLR camera built very solidly and superb AF system. I borrowed one a few weeks back and miss it!

Minolta's highest spec AF SLR - Dynax 7 for features, Dynax 9 for speed.

Minolta's highest spec MF SLR - X-700 or X-500 depending on which features are more important to you (700 had full auto Program mode, 500 had better viewfinder display info).

Canon EOS-1v is a current model. monster SLR camera built very solidly and superb AF system. I borrowed one a few weeks back and miss it!

Minolta's highest spec AF SLR - Dynax 7 for features, Dynax 9 for speed.

Minolta's highest spec MF SLR - X-700 or X-500 depending on which features are more important to you (700 had full auto Program mode, 500 had better viewfinder display info).

Cheers Guys for a quick response.

The Canon equivalents would be..

Nikon F6....... Canon EOS 1V

Nikon F3..........Canon F1

Pentax's flagship manual focus SLR was the LX. It was their equivalent of the Nikon F3 with interchangeable prism and focusing screens.

I would say the AF Pentax to die for is the MZ/S...

Will also go out on a limb and say the *top* Minolta AF would be the Dynax 9ti... although the 7 was released a year later and is much more user-friendly - but what do I know... :D

Last edited:
Sounds about as good as Rookon - and Nikban sounds like a stop-smoking tablet :D

Back