Which modes on your camera do you use?

Manuel - 10%
Sybil - 10%
Basil - 80%

Always have to have more Basil.

Even mix of aperture and shutter outside depending on what I want to achieve and only manual in the studio.

These threads always seem to bring out the "I only use manual because..." That must be very restricting, I know I would find that , and would miss a lot of shots.

I use AV 90% and TV for Motorsport.

I use aperture priority most of the time and manual from time to time.

Manual sometimes. Squinting right eye to the viewfinder,tongue poking out the left side of mouth slightly angled down, left arm over top of head with little finger of left hand on shutter button.

AV quiet often sometimes. Right eye (bulging) to viewfinder, tongue out on the right (rigid) with teeth showing, this time the left arm is under the camera and index finger used to stab at shutter button.

Technique,technique,technique! forget about modes(y)

These threads always seem to bring out the "I only use manual because..." That must be very restricting, I know I would find that , and would miss a lot of shots.
The skill/knowledge is knowing when you need to use manual and then using it. You could miss shots by not using manual if your are in challenging conditions or taking a certain type of exposure. I just haven't ever needed to use it but then I am more of a snapshotter so one of the auto modes fits my needs perfectly.

Question back to the OP (redsnappa), do you feel you have obtained anything from this poll?

Question back to the OP (redsnappa), do you feel you have obtained anything from this poll?

Given that there's no poll per-Se, it'd be a nightmare to attempt to collate the responses.

I'd argue that with a poll, all you could extrapolate would be a nonsense, the readership of the forum aren't typical camera buyers, the respondents to the poll aren't typical of forum users, the results themselves without context are irrelevant.

So we have an irrelevant set of figures from a subset of forum members which make up a small subset of camera buyers(y)

However, some people appear to have learned some things from the sideline ramblings, which isn't a bad thing.

As Woody Allen once said "This is a travesty. It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham."

Aperture most of the time and manual some of the time and the others none of the time as I don't understand them.

Back