Which monitor do you use?

Name
Demon
Edit My Images
Yes
I`m looking on update my current monitor as the present one is about to die :shrug:

So I would like to hear from you guys which monitors do you use for editing photos?

:thinking:

I think you'll get a long list of different monitors and prices here, i'll kick off with mine:

Samsung 2232BW - 22" flatscreen

Is damn good and available for £193 at Amazon.

I would be very appreciated of a long list as it will help to make overall view of what price/model do *** use for editing pictures.

there's a lot of 24 inch'ers in here :naughty:

I use a HP w2408h Vivid Color, very sharp and excellent colours (one dead pixel mind you, must fix).

ooooh, im going to watch this thread. Im after a new monitor specifically for editing photos on.
Currently i have a Samsung 940MW, simply because it has a built in tuner meaning i can watch tv on it or in a small screen on the bottom of the monitor !!!!
I do need a second one that is decent enough for true colour reresentation as im not 100% this matches up to that.

I use a Dell 2405FPW as the main monitor and an LG 194WT as the secondary in a two monitor setup. They're 'chalk and cheese' in vibrancy and colour depth and I can't recommend the Dell highly enough. I'm sure that there are plenty of others with similar qualities though.

Bob

I use 2......NEC Spectraview 2090 & a NEC 2080UX+.

Initially I had a few problems with the Spectraview but have to give NEC costumer service top marks for sorting it out. (y)

20" Samsung, it's a couple of years old now so the model will mean nothing but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Samsung when the time comes.

Another Dell fan here. Bought a Dell Vostro mini tower and specified my own monitor so I got just what I wanted. Calibrated it and it's just great. :)

i normally use my laptop, but i sometimes use this, that's plugged into my xbox.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/132115

Samsung SM2032BW 20"TFT Monitor Widescreen 1680x1050

Blooming good monitor, with amazing colours.

same here, really like it although it's got a really confusing menu system, for me anyway.

I have a 24" on my iMac that is absolutely stonking but my second monitor is a Gateway 21" bought from Staples (when I operated a PC) and is a cracking bit of kit ... (y)

:p

Dell 1907FP, i bought this seperately (without a pc) from dell following a review in 'digital photo' magazine... colours are great and is very sharp... i would definitely have another but would probably go for the 24" next time...

Another Dell Boy here :). 24" 2405FPW x 2. Had them for a couple of years and can't fault them really.

Flashy

Demon ....

I use a HP w2207h monitor - 22inch flat screen - which I absolutely love. te colours are very very vibrant and the blacks are deep - can't fault it.

It also has a good function where you rotate it into portrait mode and the pic turns with it - handy when editing portraits. It has speakers attached - (not used as heard they're crap and my sound comes from my sub woffer) and it has 2 usb 2 ports on it.

Currently it is £195 @ John Lewis Trafford centre - although just looked at your location - when i was looking, I did contact John Lewis Liverpool who said they would price match that!!!

Lovely montior - strongly recommended.

EDIT - here's a few pics ...

HP-w2207h-w2408h-LCD.jpg

hp-w2207h.jpg

Cheers.

Anth

I've got a 15'' CTX flat screen, a little small but great colours, can't see it being upgraded for while

Demon ....

I use a HP w2207h monitor - 22inch flat screen - which I absolutely love. te colours are very very vibrant and the blacks are deep - can't fault it.

It also has a good function where you rotate it into portrait mode and the pic turns with it - handy when editing portraits. It has speakers attached - (not used as heard they're crap and my sound comes from my sub woffer) and it has 2 usb 2 ports on it.

Currently it is £195 @ John Lewis Trafford centre - although just looked at your location - when i was looking, I did contact John Lewis Liverpool who said they would price match that!!!

Cheers.

Anth

Good choice ;)

I got mine from Pee Cee World (why, I don't know). The guy was explaining a bit about it and I said "it would be cool if it changed the orientation of the desktop automatically when rotated, like the iPod touch, and he said "yeah, would be nice, but it doesn't do that". :wacky:

My 20" iMac screen, stunning....
Allan

NEC, EZIO or Apple are the tops for image processing.

The rest, Samsung, Dell, Acer etc... are more aimed at film watchers and gamers.

Different models having diffferent panels.

Different models having diffferent panels.

Indeed. The screens used in apple displays are IPS types and they rock... downsides are usually that they react slower (so not as good for gaming, although I doubt you'd notice it unless you're really into competitive FPS multiplayer) and sometimes black levels aren't quite as black as a TN panel but they have the widest colour ranges and accuracy, plus they can be viewed from all angles which is important especially as screens get bigger.

I'm gonna repost this link because I think it's important.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/panel_technologies.htm

PVA and MVA panels are worth considering too, but I do prefer IPS.

Demon ....

EDIT - here's a few pics ...

Cheers.

Anth

Thats absolutely fantastic! The price and it looks great ... just had a quick look on a review its absolutely bargain for this price mark!!!

Thank you very much!

But still lets see whats others have and after a couple of days ill make short summary of what *** have and what price range is most common ...

it depends on the panel type really :)

It's not just the panel type. It's also the internal electronics, firmware, backlighting and adjustability that matter.
S-IPS, S-PVA and their advanced variants are quite nice for photo editing.
TN got better, but one can still often tell when a monitor is TN based.

Yeah good point, but you'll need specific reviews for that sort of stuff. Still no LCD as good as a CRT though... shame they're so bloody huge - I don't think I'd swap LCD out anymore. It just looks too pimp :)

Yeah good point, but you'll need specific reviews for that sort of stuff. Still no LCD as good as a CRT though... shame they're so bloody huge - I don't think I'd swap LCD out anymore. It just looks too pimp :)

Well they weren't all top notch either.
Every technology has its share of problems.

I'm looking forward to OLED monitors and LED back lit LCD monitors for decent prices.

Well they weren't all top notch either.
Every technology has its share of problems.

I'm looking forward to OLED monitors and LED back lit LCD monitors for decent prices.

OLED's or LEP's as they used to be called seem to degrade very fast though, have you seen? Still they look amazing! almost like looking through a window... a very expensive and small window :)

I used to love my 24" sony screen for it's refresh rate but I've finally started to get over not having it any more!

Well, I've seen some mostly on mp3 players and what surprised me how well legible the information displayed were even in fairly bright sunlight.

Sony's introduced an OLED TV: http://www.oled-display.net/sony-xel-1-oled-tv
I'd really like to see that one in action in person.

NEC SpectraView 2180 at work (perks of being a tech). 21" Apple Cinema Display at home.

Plus a couple of cheapy Belinia 17"s as second monitors.

Back