Which new compact

Edit My Images
Yes
Looking to replace my trusty Canon Powershot S120 in the next few months. Looking at the following so far. The Canon G7X mk2 or the Panasonic LX15.
both seem very similar.
It will mostly be used when out walking, mountain biking, and for when I'm on holiday.

If size isn't an issue then look at the panasonic LX100, large M4/3 sensor, good fast lens, excellent little camera all round.

As long as it fits in a jacket or a small bag I'm happy.
Only thing that puts me off about the lx100 is lack of touch screen. Even my s120 has that.

If I had an S120 I would not replace it, I would keep it and add another camera to the collection. The S120 is very pocket able and It may have a small sensor, but it is always handy to have, to throw in a back pocket.

Last edited:
Panny TZ-100? TBH, the touchscreen can be a royal PITA - I keep selecting a different focus point with my nose because I use the EVF rather than the rear screen.
Or, if you have bigger pockets (the TZ-100 fits in a shirt pocket), a Fuji X-30.

I currently have three cameras
A Panasonic fz330 for its big zoom, even though it has a small sensor it's great for my trips to Manchester Airport.

A Panasonic gx80 which replaced my Canon dslr
And the Canon S120.

I currently have three cameras
A Panasonic fz330 for its big zoom, even though it has a small sensor it's great for my trips to Manchester Airport.

A Panasonic gx80 which replaced my Canon dslr
And the Canon S120.
Pretty well covered already. :)

Or do I keep my S120 as my pocket Cam and trade my gx80 and fz330 and replace them with a Fz1000.
I use my fz330 for Airport due to its long lens which is quite good for a small sensor. But it suffers in low light.
I use the gx80 for indoor photos of my reptiles.
Wondering if the fz1000 would replace the gx80 and fz330

Back