Which Old Bridge Camera?

danza

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm really missing photography after selling up all my gear due to starting a HND and not having any time to fit in much else but work.

As such, I'm considering the purchase of a used bridge camera upto £100 to tide me by over the next 3 years, after which point I'll let rip and buy some Nikon DSLR gear. I don't mind if it's several years old or whatever.

I want a camera that is good with macro, has DSLR-like features and handling, and has no more than 30mm wide-angle, and (preferably) over 200mm equivalent tele.

The only camera that's caught my eye so far that can be had for that kind of money is the Konica Minolta DiMage A1/A2 (although I've not looked for very long). Are there any other similar cameras for similar cash that are as good/better?

Cheers.

second hand fuji s5000

or

fuji s5700

great little cams.

I did my first wedding with the first one.

[please dont turn this into a thread about weddings]

I forgot about the Fujis!

I'll have a look...

goto the fujifilm website and u can get a s200hd refurb for about £100 use this voucher code at the checkout to get some money off i'm sure it still works..

PFEB09THF

hope this helps ben

although looks like theyre out of stock..

s9600 from fuji. twisty zoom to save batteries and make you feel like you have a dslr. excellent macro, will shoot raw. takes 58mm filters. should be some second hand for around £100.

Use to have a Sony H1 bridge camera excellent bridge camera 12x zoom, 2 1/2" LCD, super steady-shot, good macro, 5MP regretted getting rid of it. Ran on two AA rechargeable batteries. Think its better than the Fuji S5700/5800 and built like a tank. Ebay from £60+ might have to look in to getting another.

Just looked at the H1 - seems the wide end is 36mm equiv., so that's out of the running now.

The 7Hi looks like a brilliant camera, but there aren't many around. They go for stupid cheap though.

Sorted now.

I went for the Powershot Pro 1 that was offered in my wanted thread. Looks like a cracking camera, and should tide me by.

Ive still got the Sony H1 somewhere. Pin sharp across the whole range.

Purchase either the Fuji 9600 or 100fs, they are a joy to use instead of all the Dslr gear.

Mod edit - No Selling outside the classified forums! Thanks

Cheers, but I'm sorted with a Canon Pro 1 now.

I was going to suggest the Panazonic FZ28
but good luck with the Canon Pro 1.

arrived to this one a bit late but your 1st choice, KM A2, is probably the best Bridge camera ever produced....in some respects it had better functionality that many DSLRs....I'm sure you'll enjoy the Camnon though

Simon

Back