Which one 5D-50D

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello I'm new here.

I am intending on buying a nice decent dslr this christmas to start a photography course in the new year. I want a camera which i can use on the course but will also be good enough to keep me from upgrading for a couple of years at least.

My budget will stretch to a 300D 50D range. i had almost decided on the 50D when they had anounced the arrival of the 5DmkII this has me thinking i could pick up a 5D for a very reasonable price. I have always liked the idea of full frame and know the quality of 5 D will give these new cameras a run for their money but the more i look at each and try to decide the more i become unsure???

I want picture quality over features, which are ok but a camera should always be about picture quality over everything else..

I intend on buying L glass lenses

I enjoy mainly portrait and landscape photography but half the reason for the course is to broaden my horizons.

An advice would be greatly recieved.:)

Matt

do you have a 5D??

I would go with the new 5D... However at it's full retail price I think it is over priced.... Might be worth waiting a couple of months for the price to come down... I would be wanting to pay no more than £1600 for one.....

Thanks for that bob. but unfortunately it just raises more Q...

Does the 5D tend to have that contrasty, sorry for lack of another word, look to it's pictures. which i like especially for portraits?

Does the higher resolution on 50D balance the aurgument for FF of 5D??

Does the 5D have the ability to remote operate from pc??

I would go with the new 5D... However at it's full retail price I think it is over priced.... Might be worth waiting a couple of months for the price to come down... I would be wanting to pay no more than £1600 for one.....

£1600 i was hoping more like £1000, you can pick hem up for 1200-1300 at the moment?

Does the 5D tend to have that contrasty, sorry for lack of another word, look to it's pictures. which i like especially for portraits?
The dynamic range of the 5D is excellent and it also competes well at higher ISO settings

Does the higher resolution on 50D balance the aurgument for FF of 5D??
IMO, no. The quality of the pixels is as important as the number of them. In the shots I linked to, the 5D would have about half the number of pixels on target as the 50D but it's not that easy to differentiate.

Does the 5D have the ability to remote operate from pc??
Yes

HTH Bob

I think he's referring to the new 5DMkII

Bob

OH! do you think the prices will come down that much??? How long do you think that will take??

See more options...this is why i get so confused...I want the best i can afford but the bar keeps moving!!:bang:

Back