Critique Which one_ advice and CC Please

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
Took a few more flower photos in the back room over last day or so. The black background ones seemed to be liked more on here last time I tried. So I was going to stick with that but I ended up taking 3 versions, I do like the dark one in more shadow but can't make my mind up now so I would appreciate opinions and thoughts_improvements to be made on any aspect. This time I have tried to use 2 flashes on the flowers.

Gaz

1 1 flash + reflector_moody type of look.
Tulip_curved_darker.jpg

2 2 flashes+ reflector to light up inside stillon black background.

Tulip_red_curved.jpg

2 flashes + reflector background speddlight gelled.
Tulip_curved_brown_background.jpg

2 speedlights plus reflector

Yellow_tulip_bent.jpg

Loving then last Image- work well for me Gaz

Les ;)

Gary good to see your experimentation & you're taking notice of the opinions given on TP :p

Just to be different my puck is the first but I like them all in different ways :clap:

Number 1 would be my favourite - the lighting simplifys the image and helps the eye fasten on the flower.

A great set, the last one for me too, it's the way the flower is sitting in the frame, the curve of the flower and then the extra leave curling over, it makes it special:D

Gary good to see your experimentation & you're taking notice of the opinions given on TP :p

Just to be different my puck is the first but I like them all in different ways :clap:
Thanks fella and yes thanks goes to those whom have helped me learn this stuff via feedback :)

Well it seems from your good selves that 4 and 1 are the keepers here.Like I say I did like the number 1 image myself and when I saw the bend in the yellow tulip stem I thought that may work,trouble is when youve looked at these photos for a while you sort of don't know what you saw in first place and what you thought looked decent then becomes sort of average. I can't be alone in these feelings surley ?

Big thanks everyone>
Gaz

Hi there ..... as I started to scan down I thought it had to be number one, that was before I saw number four .... that's a beauty!
I'm a huge fan of black backgrounds and that's jet black, great lighting too :clap:
Hey___Thanks Susie you just made my day :) I did move the flower away from the background as I went along (as the penny dropped) so to speak, glad I
did now :)
Gaz

Back