Which Panasonic Bridge?

Name
Howard Orton
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there,
I'm on the look out for a new bridge camera as my Canon SX60 HS has developed a fault. I want to upgrade to a 1" sensor camera, to improve picture quality. I want to stick with a bridge camera as I don't want to lug around loads of gear/lenses, and my main areas of photography are nature, wildlife, birds and landscapes. There would appear to be just 3 main contenders - 1. Sony RX10 IV. 2. Pana FZ1000. 3. Pana FZ2000.
I would love to buy the Sony but not too sure I would get that past the finance committee at home !! So I have narrowed it down to the 2 Panasonics. Some reviews seem to indicate that the FZ1000 takes better pictures than the FZ2000, despite the latter having several improvements.
My question is : Does anyone have either (or had both) of these cameras and, if so, how have you found it/them? Will the picture quality of either make up for the loss of zoom on the Canon (65x)?
Your thoughts would be much appreciated.
Howard.

I have for the wife and as a backup camera the FZ1000mkii it’s superb either in j.peg or raw , and is more than capable of getting birds in flight .. TBH I don’t think I have as yet unlocked it’s full potential .. i beleive there were a few niggles with the mki that have been cured in this model

I ended up buying a FZ1000mk2 on the back of looking at black fox’s photos on Flickr not had chance to use it properly yet but initial thoughts are it’s pretty good

Last edited:
Back