Which printer should I buy?

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking to buy a printer and wondered if you guys could give some advice.

Epson are doing some great deals at the moment on the DX4400, 8400 and the RX685 range of multi-funsctions.

Are these any good? Whilst I don't need the MF side of the device, at £40, £50 and £100 respectively for these devices, they may be worth a look.

Your thoughts?

I have just brought a Canon Pixma iP4500 for £75 its a up to A4 printer only, but has resolution up to 9600x4800 dpi,
from what i saw the majority of printers and multi-functions only have 4800x1200 dpi apart from a few Epsons at 5760x1440 dpi and a Canon Pixma MP610 [9600x4800 dpi] for about £140

I was considering that one too. Thanks for the tip.

i still have my Epson RX600 multi-function but at 5 years old, the photos are just not good enough

The Epson R285 would be a good choice at ~£60

Thanks guys.

I'd really love an A3 but don't really want to spend much more than £100.

I have a Canon Pixma MP150 which was about £70, the print quality is truely awful, blacks are washed-out blue smudge and upping the quality settings simply makes it slower. And the ink costs a fortune. :(

Still don't have any of this to worry about now I'm using 35mm :D

All good questions Simon.

Most of the shots I'd print would most likely be landscapes and macro type pictures. As far as how often is concerned, it probably won't be that often - couple of times a week perhaps? This is one of my concerns with inkjets as I have found in the past that, if the printer is not used that often, the nozzles clog and/or get dirt and cat hair on them. I always had this problem with Epson which is, together with some of the commentsd above, leading me towards Canon.

I would probably frame some of them and put them on my office and study walls. My wife also wants some for her office too.

You'll find the clogging problems have pretty much disappeared Mart, I have an R200 that sometimes doesn't get used for weeks and it never clogs up.

Back