Which second camera body shall i hire?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all,

In a few weeks i am taking some photos at my friends wedding.

It is good all round as they hopefully get some decent wedding photos and i will get some experience of the fun and games of shooting a wedding.

I currently own a 7D and know this isn't the most ideal camera to be using at a wedding so have decided i will hire a second camera body for the weekend.

Now i don't want to break the bank hiring out a camera but have decided that maybe the 5D might be a good way to go.

I am hoping some of you guys will give me some advice on whether i am making the right move here hiring this body.

Then lens i will be taking are 70-200L IS, 24-105L & 24-70L

No idea for weddings, I would however say:

1) I'd like to be familiar with the body before the wedding, quite a bit before, I imagine settings will being different places etc and you won't be stopping the ceremony with a 'hold on I'm looking for the ISO button!' :) As it's full frame, looks like your lenses are ok on it, but not sure the effect FF will have v your crop.

2) So on the basis of one I'd stick with what you have, hire another 7d as backup, but a second hand 5d now, and resell after the wedding.

Good luck with the wedding!

Al

"currently own a 7D and know this isn't the most ideal camera to be using at a wedding"

Why do you say that? Whats wrong with the 7D? ...Just curious. I use the 40D, and its awesome!

No idea for weddings, I would however say:

1) I'd like to be familiar with the body before the wedding, quite a bit before, I imagine settings will being different places etc and you won't be stopping the ceremony with a 'hold on I'm looking for the ISO button!' :) As it's full frame, looks like your lenses are ok on it, but not sure the effect FF will have v your crop.

2) So on the basis of one I'd stick with what you have, hire another 7d as backup, but a second hand 5d now, and resell after the wedding.

Good luck with the wedding!

Al

Not sure if i fancy buying a second hand camera just for one photoshoot

"currently own a 7D and know this isn't the most ideal camera to be using at a wedding"

Why do you say that? Whats wrong with the 7D? ...Just curious. I use the 40D, and its awesome!

Well the 7D is perfect for sports and wildlife. Don't get me wrong there is nothing stopping me getting some decent photos at this wedding with my 7d but i feel a full frame camera just may benefit me more.

What do other people think?

Is the 5D mk1 any good ?

Back