which size softbox would you pick?

Anyway Garry... (pre-empting this question on Saturday!)... what do you see/feel is the 'White-room's replacement?

DD
Good lighting.:LOL:

The trend seems to be for low key, with creative lighting that emphasises the strengths of the face and hides the weaknesses.

But I'm sure that this will go the way of high key lighting, which was rapidly de-skilled to become white background, balanced lighting. It will probably end up as black backgrounds and a pair of balanced lights on the subject, and people will call it low key:crying:

I don't think that 'high key' will ever completly die, it's easy to do and works with groups. Obviously I don't have any kind of problem with people giving their clients what they want.

Good lighting.:LOL:

The trend seems to be for low key, with creative lighting that emphasises the strengths of the face and hides the weaknesses.

But I'm sure that this will go the way of high key lighting, which was rapidly de-skilled to become white background, balanced lighting. It will probably end up as black backgrounds and a pair of balanced lights on the subject, and people will call it low key:crying:

I don't think that 'high key' will ever completly die, it's easy to do and works with groups. Obviously I don't have any kind of problem with people giving their clients what they want.

Not really seeing (proper) Low Key as being that suited to wee tots tbh :thinking:

Adults, yep I can see that, but they are not always very artistic thinking...

Example - had a call re doing some 'Romantic & Fun' shots of a young couple (20s)

'Great' says I 'Let's get out & about with nice trees, buildings, water nearby perhaps???'

'Can we do it on white in your studio?' came the reply

So after a little discussion on the relative merits, they are booked into the Studio for a White-room Shoot :bang:

:LOL:

DD

your not trying to get some landscapes while out with customers are you DD???

your not trying to get some landscapes while out with customers are you DD???

Well I did quote them £5,000 to cover expenses on our 10 day trip to The Lakes, 9 days to reccy the place and one day they could come up too for their 1-hour Shoot :D

DD

I wonder why they went for the white studio???:eek:

Back