which softbox for SB910

Name
john
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

I've bought an SB-910 for my nikon. wanted advice on getting a soft box, and what size to get.

Its for studio portraits (at home).

Is bigger better? Or is there a size limit for a speedlight.

If there is, then I might invest in a studio light as the primary light with a softbox, and use the SB910 to blow out the white background and for other flash purposes when out and about.

appreciate any advice. thanks

John

Most speedlight boxes are around the 24" x 24" size (60cm x 60cm if you're younger than me!)
This will get you a fairly decent portrait light, but really only head and shoulders, and with the box as close as possible.
There are some 80cm x 80cm folding boxes around on ebay, and the size increase makes a significant difference.

Most speedlight boxes are around the 24" x 24" size (60cm x 60cm if you're younger than me!)
This will get you a fairly decent portrait light, but really only head and shoulders, and with the box as close as possible.
There are some 80cm x 80cm folding boxes around on ebay, and the size increase makes a significant difference.

I got the ishoot 80cm one from ebay that I thought was very good. Umbrella style too so easy to put up and down. The Cotswold ones aren't bad either but I preferred the mounting style of the others

Back