Which Wide-Angle lens - Canon or Sigma?

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been eyeing up a new wide angle lens for my 400D. Should I push the boat out for the Canon EF-S 10-22 or should I opt for the better priced Sigma 10-20?

Would I notice the extra quality of the Canon lens, would I be disappointed with the Sigma? :thinking:

Off on holiday next week and need to make a decision before I go - your views will help me decide.

I just tried a Sigma 10-20 this weekend. I absolutely loved it!!!

I do a lot or urbexing, and was constantly shooting with my kit lens at 18mm. I was completely amazed how much the wide angle lens fitted into shot.

If you can afford the Canon I'd go for that. Good quality glass but the Sigma's not far behind in quality. I'm also looking for a good superwide at a good price. Have a look at www.onestop-digital.com Canon £374 Sigma £270 Is the £100 difference worth it, I think so.

Have a great holiday

Paul

If you can afford the Canon I'd go for that. Good quality glass but the Sigma's not far behind in quality. I'm also looking for a good superwide at a good price. Have a look at www.onestop-digital.com Canon £374 Sigma £270 Is the £100 difference worth it, I think so.

Have a great holiday

Paul

Thanks for the link Paul - checked out the website, onestop-digital have a message on their checkout page that they returned from holiday today and are asking customers to 'bear with them' while they clear the backlog. :bang:

Can't take a chance of it not arriving - I wonder if Jessops or Warehouse Express will price match? (Warehouse are advertising the Canon EF-S 10-22mm at £494:puke:)

try Kerso!

I know for a fact that Jessops will not price match on internet prices. Well, in Northern Ireland they won't.

I'm sure it was Jessops who price matched my 400D with an Internet vendor.

I've left it too late for Kerso - I'll need to take my chances in the high street.:shrug:

I just tried a Sigma 10-20 this weekend. I absolutely loved it!!!

I do a lot or urbexing, and was constantly shooting with my kit lens at 18mm. I was completely amazed how much the wide angle lens fitted into shot.

Thanks for the feedback. BTW what is urbexing? :shrug:

Back