which would you buy sigma 10-20mm f3.5 or the canon 10-22mm?

Edit My Images
Yes
as above really looking to get a wide angle lens just not sure which one i should go for......

I went for the 10-22. I spent a long time deciding.

At the end of the day I had my choice list in this order

Canon 10-22 f3.5-f4.5
Tokina 11-16 f2.8
Sigma 10-20 f4-f56
Sigma 10-20 f3.5

Any reason why those two specific lenses?

Hello,
I can't speak for the canon, but I own the sigma and find it excellent. With my 40d it resolves LOTS of detail and I often print to A1 size. I have posted several photos recently using this lens if you care to have a look. The price for the older (slower) lens is now very competitive too. Can't see why you would need this lens to be fast in most applications, I nearly always use it stopped down.

If you would like a high res image emailed just let me know.

Hope this helps.

Dave

I went for the 10-22. I spent a long time deciding.

At the end of the day I had my choice list in this order

Canon 10-22 f3.5-f4.5
Tokina 11-16 f2.8
Sigma 10-20 f4-f56
Sigma 10-20 f3.5

Any reason why those two specific lenses?

no specific reasons i suppose basically they are the ones i know about. however, just cant decide on which i should get. at the moment i am basing it on proce and the sigma obviously is cheaper hence im leaning that way.

I went through this a number of months ago and ended up going for the Canon. I'm well chuffed with it and would make the same choice again. If you can fork out the extra pennies then go for it.

However I'm not taking anything away from the Sigma as I've never used it.

ive had the canon 10-22 too and had a lot of fun with it

dont bring cost into it tooooo much, if you can afford it then go for it, lenses usually sell for what you buy them for, i got my money back after a year of having this particular one :)

I have had the Sigma 10-20 f4-f5.6 for a few years now and am very happy with it, its a great lens.

The extra 2mm of the canon might be usefull, but you need deeper pockets to buy it.

The Tokina 11-16 f2.8 has a very limited range, I dont think the faster 2.8 realy would be very usefull for me.

I have the Sigma 10-20 f4-f5.6.

Not my most used lens but definately get a wow if I get a good shot at 10mm

I faced the same dilemma almost two years ago and I opted for the Canon 10-22 and I've never regreted buying the lens.
I don't know if things have changed but back then, Sigma had too many QA issues with their 10-20mm.

I have just bought the Sigma 10-20 F3.5 and already think it is a great lens, I agonised over all the reviews and found alot of them disagreed with each other. If i had the cash I probably would have bought the Canon but most of the reviews I found only put it slightly in front of the Sigma or even equal to it. Which ever one you get you will enjoy it.

Chris

thanks for all the replies ended up going for the canon.

Back