Whilst the rains do not cease...

Edit My Images
No
...a photographer runs out during a brief lull and runs back just as quick as the heavens opened again and decided it wanted to dump an entire hose pipe bans worth of water on me and my camera.

Never had chance to get a couple of exposures due to the rain suddenly falling again. Highlights are a little harsh but still.. :)

941474627_PCAnK-L.jpg

very good droplet...need to get closer and remove all that out of focus distraction
a full half frame crop vertically would do it...then we look directly at what you found so enchanting...as i do..
also your frame chopped a very delicate part of a leaf not leaving any breathing space and partially rear masking the shape of the droplet

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dont let the camera's format dominate your eye for perspective and composition
unless that is what you intended

Hi Geoffrey,

Thank you for your CC's. Much appreciated and of course respected.

I whole heartedly agree with everything you say however, I'll explain more below :)

The image I posted was more or less the intended image. I'd seen the droplet but I actually wanted it to be secondary to the main fern leaf but still be noticeable. I had then intended to get much much closer and do exactly what you suggested with a lovely droplet refraction image but the rain start falling heavy again and unfortunately, my camera was a little more important heh. I Must take out the umbrella next time. Appreciate the comment on the frame too.

Thanks again :)

Ps, I'm sure I can grab a cheeky crop from the full res image in line with what you've provided.

Last edited:
Back