Whipsnade-Eagles

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if you guys managed to see these but I went snap happy when I saw them..amazing birds and huge!!!

STU_4042.jpg

STU_4022.jpg

STU_4023.jpg

STU_4041.jpg

STU_3977.jpg

STU_3981.jpg

Thanks Ian..they wasn't a display today they don't have them over the winter..they were just giving the eagle and a buzzard their daily flight and I was lucky enough to be walking by as they were..they also said the kites are quite common around the grounds too!

i was looking down the list thinking nice now 2 is good 3 is my fav

then i got to 6 and that ticked the box for me i would love a shot like that ,

well done and thanks for sharing

md(y)

:clap:

Think your pics are great, it just proves how bad I am at it,

Thanks Andy & Ian..Not sure how long they stayed out for but we spotted the truck they use to transport the birds to the arena and just folloed it over!..stroke of luck really as no one was there but a crowd started to gather after a while.

That white head in the sun is a bit of an exposure nightmare! Well done in getting such a good result.

Pretty darn sharp too!

Love the head to head shot.

Many thanks Robert..you are spot on with regard to exposure!!..trying to retain detail in the feathers in the mid day sun is a nightmare...few blown highlights but quite pleased overall..

1, 2, 3, 4 is the best!
as others have said - not an easy exposure to get right:clap:

Cheers Mike..was looking out to see if I could see any of you as it was a great photo op for sure..

Stuarth

Looks like I missed out on a great day.. Cracking images last one is my favorite.. Glad everyone had great day..

I am now sulking because I had to work...

Cheers

nigel.

Was a great day Nigel..hopefully you can make the next one mate..:)

(y) Thanks you two..was a great day for sure,looking forward to next meet.

I didnt see any birds except some BIG chickens.. :shrug:

Great set...

WOW! They are amazing. :notworthy:
Missed those. We'll have to go back there again.
(I won't take my bag next time :whistle: )

:LOL: @ Hairy...thanks for the other comments really appreciated. Wish the rest of you could have seen them they were inches away at times...

Stuart,

missed these too. Fantastic exposure and #2 is my favourite of a very good bunch.

:) Ta Jas..shame you missed them mate..also good to meet you today.

Well done man, they're amazing. Just wondering which lens have you use?
xxx

Thankyou both..I used my sigma 100-300mm and also my 85mm 1.4...

Wow !! that's all i can say, everything else has been said ,great set of images :clap::clap::clap:

:) much appreciated guys..have uploaded some more today but will post another time...:)

Cracking stuff Stuart :clap: I missed out there totally :(

:thinking: seems I was only one to see them..as I was leaving there were quite a few people arriving to take pics but not sure how long they carried on flying them

Back