Whipsnade today...

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I like these Mark, looks like you had a lovely day for it. I don't think I'd get in the way of those Bison :jawdrop:

I saw on their social media that the female tiger has been euthanised due to age related illness :(

Thanks Fi, I also noticed that one of the Bears had to go the same way, altho they are seeking another....

Ive still not a got a good routine for the butterfly house as I always get stuipd large amounts of misting - guess I should go there first !

In a way, Whipsnade does irritatate me tho - all those acres and they could have amuch wider and more endangered collection than currently.....

Not knocking the work they do but just feel they could make waaaay more use of all that acreage than they do....I mean, theres at least 3/4 older type enclosures that could be updated for not huge cost and introduce more species.

Its waht stops m from becoming a member tbh....

Nice set Mark, particually the Chimp (y)
The Tiger is usually pacing the fence when I go there. Well caught!

I saw on their social media that the female tiger has been euthanised due to age related illness :(
Crazy eh? they bought in a young male, to breed and she was already to old :(

also noticed that one of the Bears had to go the same way,
2 bears down Mark :(

n a way, Whipsnade does irritatate me tho - all those acres and they could have amuch wider and more endangered collection than currently.....

Not knocking the work they do but just feel they could make waaaay more use of all that acreage than they do....I mean, theres at least 3/4 older type enclosures that could be updated for not huge cost and introduce more species.

Its waht stops m from becoming a member tbh....

I feel the opposite, it's great to see the animals have large areas to roam, rather then the cramped conditions you see
in some zoos
My membership is a fellowship, cost a bit more but I still save money, to get myself and the car in on visits would
be £60 a time and I can take another person in with me so well worth it, doesn't take long to recoup the cost

I feel the opposite, it's great to see the animals have large areas to roam, rather then the cramped conditions you see
in some zoos
My membership is a fellowship, cost a bit more but I still save money, to get myself and the car in on visits would
be £60 a time and I can take another person in with me so well worth it, doesn't take long to recoup the cost

I'm with you Ingrid - and I like the contrast to London.

I'm with you Ingrid - and I like the contrast to London.

London is slowly improving, I used to get quite depressed visiting, but they are making a lot of changes for the better
Not been for a while, really should as the Whipsnade membership covers it and you get free parking on weekdays (y)

I agree with both of you, Fi and Ingrid, I do like to see the animals have room, however, there are a large number of older enclosures around the perimeter road that could very easily be used to house some rarer and interesting animals -some of which could well be on the point of extinction .....

I also think London is a pretty fair collection given the total lack of space and somewhat victorian enclosures still on site.....

Back