Whipsnade Zoo

Name
Will
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Thought I'd post up a few shots for C&C from my trip to Whipsnade Zoo last week. First time taking pictures of animals.

All pictures were taken on my D40 with the 55mm-200mm lens on various settings. Still learning what everything does and means!

Cheers

Will

DSC_0202.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Full album and picture details here.

Like the snake a lot, really outstanding colours.. I also quite like the lemur, nice expression and nice blurring of the background. The Hippo is nice but a bit blurred with the foliage/cage that has been caught in the fore front of the photo. :)

I'm not sure what is around the edge of the hippo. I had a clear shot where I was... strange!

Thanks for the comments :)

Hello willb1983.

I agree with the goldensurfer, your trouser snake has some awesome colour. Good set of pictures mate, i'd like to shoot some animals sometime myself.

It was a great day out. Spent 6 hours walking around. Would be quicker if you drove round though!

Ah - I love a day out at Whipsnade, great place (y)

I have almost the same set up as you with a D60 and the 55-200 as my only lens other than the kit. It's not exactly ideal but my main tip would be try to jump on any closer opportunities and don't be tempted to take loads of shots at 200mm as you'll probably end up a bit disappointed.

I think your reptile shots have the most promise out of this set - nice colours on the snake but the focus is slap bang in the middle when you really want it on the eyes. The lizard shot is good composition wise but the lamp in the background isn't doing it any favours at all.

Back