Whisky Light Paint Attempt

ACW

Edit My Images
Yes
First time trying this and I'd like some feedback on now to improve next time please!

I think this due to the glass / wood mix was probably going to be a difficult one anyway.

012/366 by ACW#, on Flickr

Was also my potd for the 366.

Thanks,

ACW

I love still life light painting :D and this is a good example, an improvement to try and get would have been to try and shine more light into the bottle to make it glow a bit more (y)

Also when I've done it in the past I think it's nice to have a glass of the drink also on display (y)

As an example THIS is a recent thread where I've done a still life with alcohol (y) I had the light behind the glass to really make it glow (y)

Matt

MWHCVT said:
I love still life light painting :D and this is a good example, an improvement to try and get would have been to try and shine more light into the bottle to make it glow a bit more (y)

Thanks, I'll give it a try, I was just ending up making horrible light spots on the bottle!

MWHCVT said:
Also when I've done it in the past I think it's nice to have a glass of the drink also on display (y)
Ahh I'd like too but this one only warrants being kept to resell one day or a very special occasion!

MWHCVT said:
As an example THIS is a recent thread where I've done a still life with alcohol (y) I had the light behind the glass to really make it glow (y)

Matt

Very nice Matt, I can honestly say your working continues to inspire me!

Thanks, I'll give it a try, I was just ending up making horrible light spots on the bottle!

That is the danger but with a little practice it should be possible to avoid most of them :D

Ahh I'd like too but this one only warrants being kept to resell one day or a very special occasion!

Well there is nothing stopping it being some of the normal/cheap stuff in the glass (y) I had a tutor at collage who's previous job was working as a marketing executive, one of his clients was Martini and he told me that the only way they could get a decent looking photo of Martini Rosso was to use Ribena :LOL:

Very nice Matt, I can honestly say your working continues to inspire me!

Thank you (y)

Well there is nothing stopping it being some of the normal/cheap stuff in the glass (y) I had a tutor at collage who's previous job was working as a marketing executive, one of his clients was Martini and he told me that the only way they could get a decent looking photo of Martini Rosso was to use Ribena :LOL:

If we were playing the consume what you photograph game then I'd be taking a lot of pictures of food from the local chinese and desperados beer :) I'm hungry just thinking about it. Looks like dinner tomorrow is sorted!

I had a tutor at collage who's previous job was working as a marketing executive, one of his clients was Martini and he told me that the only way they could get a decent looking photo of Martini Rosso was to use Ribena :LOL:

Pretty much standard practice for any of the red wine stuff - you can make it as dark (i.e. control the translucence) as you need, and the photo-assistant doesn't end up getting pished...

My usual stand-in for Whisky/Brandy was Apple-juice... just make sure you don't buy the organic cloudy stuff that looks like a sample from a sick horse;)

Back