Whitby Abbey

Edit My Images
Yes
Another from my short holiday break in Yorkshire, Some nice photogenic places down this way.

whitby-abbey.jpg

A lovely old ruin. :)
I wonder if it would have been possible to get a bit lower to remove the houses from the shot?

Agree with Luke I think the camera would need to ground level to avoid the houses and too many houses I think for cloning out of the pic. I thought it best to leave them in.

I actually like the houses. As i have been to whitby many times, it really does depict the place really well.

When i last went up there, i didnt actually venture to that side of the abbey and i dont know why. Its a very popular shot to take with the water in the view. Ah well, i was happy with the images i took :)

Good shot by the way :)

You must have ditched your wobbly chair-the horizon is spot on ;)

This is nice, the reflection holds it together very well, a good sky, plenty of detail, lots to like here.

Thanks Les & Defiance, straightened my chair Les...just for you:D

Thanks for the comment Meat, was feeling a little discouraged of late but getting a decent shot and nice comments on it is encouraging me to go out and get more. cheers

very nice. Just one point, Whitby is up there not down here :))))

well it is if you live in London (as an exiled yorkshireman)

nice to see the old place still looking good though

I like this one a lot. The ruins make a sort of diagonal across the picture, and the reflexion in the water combined make the eye go round and round the photo. You could have cut off a little bit on the right but it already looks pretty perfect to me !

Back