Whitby Goth Weekend 2012

Fab shots, really like the first two (y)

#1 a great image with a very photogenic model.

Top photos. Missed it again. I must get up there for this event. No 1 is superb. Sign her up - loads of potential.

Very nice, #1 being the best.

I was going to go along myself but there was an article about it in Advanced Photographer recently about scrums of photographers behaving badly which put me off. The magazine condemned this then printed photos of Goths posing on tombstones in the churchyard, there are signs specifically asking people to show respect and not do this. Nothing wrong with these though, really nice unusual portraits.

Very nice, #1 being the best.

I was going to go along myself but there was an article about it in Advanced Photographer recently about scrums of photographers behaving badly which put me off. The magazine condemned this then printed photos of Goths posing on tombstones in the churchyard, there are signs specifically asking people to show respect and not do this. Nothing wrong with these though, really nice unusual portraits.

I read the Advanced photographer article as well, thought it was poorly researched.

This was my second WGW. There were more togs than goths, it was a bit like a feeding frenzie, especially around the attractive girls. I asked around 85% of all the people I shot whether I could take their picture and they all said yes, but you would turn around and find a gaggle of anoraks who didnt have the balls to ask for themselves shooting over your shoulder. One guy actually pushed me out of the way whilst i was talking to a goth, which really p***ed me of and he got a talking to, another was shooting behind me again and was casting an awfull shadow on the person I had organised to shot, he was politely asked to move.

There were togs shooting with 100-400 zooms some bigmas etc it looked more like a day out at a bird reserve with all the big lenses, all because they couldnt grow a set and talk to the people.

There were many polite togs around asking permission beofre they took theri pictures, and some gave out business cards, i gave out more than 50, and will not charge anything for the images for personal use.

All in all it was a great day with an excellent atmostphere

Back