Whitby Goths Oct 2010

Les McLean

In Memoriam
Name
Les
Edit My Images
Yes
All with Canon 1Ds MKIII+85 f1.2 lens, fill flash.

1#
1DSL9036.jpg

2#
1DSL9002.jpg

3#
1DSL9233.jpg

4#
1DSL9249.jpg

5#
1DSL9261.jpg

6#
1DSL9184.jpg

Stunning photos Les, undoubtedly helped by having willing subjects but brilliantly captured. :)

Like the crop composition of 4
Found it quite hard this year there didn't seem to be as many that I found photogenic (personal opinion) Mindst you I was there Friday only for a couple of hours

Love number 4 Les, cracking crop/composition.

It was the first time I had been with a DSLR and loved it, would be going back today had I not had other plans.

The girl in 1 and 6 was getting the most attention, very photogenic and patient with those taking photos.

All up to your usual very high standard.
No 5 has class!

Great stuff as always Les. I have pics of #2 and #5 from October 2009. In fact, a lot of the faces I saw were familiar. I'm going to pop over again this afternoon... I was having a **** day yesterday and struggled to take much.

As a 'halloween' image, I really like #4... it's quite scary!

No.4 is spot on for me Les also being Halloween, the last image is a touch away from the N&G section ;)

I did spot you flash past me as I was waiting for my wife and daughter...you can shift for an old bugger :D
(y)

#1 and #6 have the worst case of red-eye i've ever seen on this forum ;)

Seriously, always good to see your shots from Goth Weekend, I'm not a people shooter myself, so wouldn't know where to start in terms of critique, so I'm going to have to just use the heavily frowned upon phrase "Excellent Shots" (I'll probably get banned now for not giving proper crit. :LOL:)

Seriously, always good to see your shots from Goth Weekend, I'm not a people shooter myself, so wouldn't know where to start in terms of critique, so I'm going to have to just use the heavily frowned upon phrase "Excellent Shots" (I'll probably get banned now for not giving proper crit. :LOL:)

Yeh! Was she wearing red contact lenses or was it an added touch in photoshop? Whatever a great look!

Phil

Like the crop composition of 4
Found it quite hard this year there didn't seem to be as many that I found photogenic (personal opinion) Mindst you I was there Friday only for a couple of hours

I know what you mean, as the event get's more popular, consequently a lot of folk 'dress up' for the hordes of togs that descend, the true 'goth' and 'goth look' seems to get lost a bit.

No.4 is spot on for me Les also being Halloween, the last image is a touch away from the N&G section ;)

I did spot you flash past me as I was waiting for my wife and daughter...you can shift for an old bugger :D
(y)

Yes, she was on occasion showing more flesh than I was comfortable with, although that didn't seem to disappoint most of the togs around her. :)

LOL

Yeh! Was she wearing red contact lenses or was it an added touch in photoshop? Whatever a great look!

Phil

Red contact lenses, and yes, it gave some impact :)

A very striking set Les. Cracking captures of the Goth mood. Must have been a great weekend!

Les,

Cracking shots, all of them but I do like No. 1 and 4 best.

I'm afraid I have nothing near to your's, but it's something to aspire towards.

My biggest problem is I haven't a clue what to do in PP.

Ken

A strong set as ever Les. I love the composition of number two and four is a great Halloween shot.

Les,

Cracking shots, all of them but I do like No. 1 and 4 best.

I'm afraid I have nothing near to your's, but it's something to aspire towards.

My biggest problem is I haven't a clue what to do in PP.

Ken

Thanks Ken, it was good bumping into you on the steps, it's a pity we didn't get the chance to have a natter.

Very good set, Les. excellent shots of the lady in 1 & 6, but number three is very nicely caught.

All stunning images but the mono is my favourite, love that shallow DOF and the way the older woman's character comes shinning throu

Back