Critique Whitby Pier nice early AM

SFTPhotography

Ranger Smith
Suspended / Banned
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Good set Steve. I feel, even with the lower perspective that I am looking downwards at the pier when i desperately want to be looking in front of me. Does that make sense or is it just me being silly? :LOL:

Reactions: ST4
Good set Steve. I feel, even with the lower perspective that I am looking downwards at the pier when i desperately want to be looking in front of me. Does that make sense or is it just me being silly? :LOL:

No, I think it is angled down, just not as much and slightly lower when I look at it. I probably didn't set it right.

I am desparate to return here one day.

View attachment 7013 I love this great sea town on the coast. My pic was taken underneath you!! Great pictures well done thanks for posting them. I think number ones my favourite, great curvature to the pier and a bit more colour all round...

Cant make my mind up between 1 and 2 mate, I like the way the hand rail verticals are more " bunched up" in the first one, and as said before, the fisherman really helps the pic, but i love the way the wooden footboards seem to zoom you away into the image, i cant deciede so i,ll just take them both please. . .
Dave

Cant make my mind up between 1 and 2 mate, I like the way the hand rail verticals are more " bunched up" in the first one, and as said before, the fisherman really helps the pic, but i love the way the wooden footboards seem to zoom you away into the image, i cant deciede so i,ll just take them both please. . .
Dave
I'm personally happiest with one, the distortion makes it and its what I had in mind.

Thanks all for commenting so far

Good set Steve No1 also my pick ,it's a pity you only had minimal colours with the sunrise or this could have been a wall hanger, As it is I would be tempted to crop a little more off the top to give you a 1/3 sky IMHO it improves the shot on my monitor as I scroll .

Good set Steve No1 also my pick ,it's a pity you only had minimal colours with the sunrise or this could have been a wall hanger, As it is I would be tempted to crop a little more off the top to give you a 1/3 sky IMHO it improves the shot on my monitor as I scroll .
Looking at this comment you're right.

I lost my filter holder to Whitby harbour but held a filter 0.6 se against the ultra wide lens. I took the 50mm image later, the sun rose but iirc behind thick cloud blocking the sun out, I didn't use a filter on the 50mm but added in a grad in colour fx pro after raw adjustments in Aperature 3

Crop wise, aye, you're right or I composed poorly. The dx cameras have tiny view finders the fx I have now a lot larger, makes seeing what you want easier

Back