Whitby shopped

I'm not buying into it.

The problem with the bench arch is that it leads the viewer out of the frame. If it did an "S" back into the distance that would be exactly what you need.

The desaturation doesn't really fix the lighting issue, while it adds some weird further artefacts in the sky. It's the same sort of thing as selective red cutouts where it doesn't quite belong.

I like it

Leading line with the benches maybe?

Sorry, but I have to ask why the awful PP? Sky looks very noisy.
If the focal point is the abbey, then the benches take you away and past it. Horizon is a mile off straight also. Sorry to be blunt but there are much better angles on Whitby than this.

Agree 4wd the benches do work if only the subject was blessed with light sunrise/sunset, noise is a distraction in the sky may I also add, thanks for sharing
Regards
kevin

Doesn't work at all. The original might be worth a look though.

I have some sympathy for what you were trying to do and IMHO well done for sticking your neck out and giving it a go, I think some of he comments above are bit harsh. However I find the foreground somewhat prosaic and incongruous for the background processing, it could be that that is what you were going for but if so it is perhaps it is not incongruous enough? I could see it working with something like a goth and an ice-cream van in the foreground...

Back