white lilly

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
white.jpg

just wondered what you all think of this and would a border help ??.

Yes a herbacious one! :getmecoat

background too obvious and not a "natural" arrangement for a Lily so it jars slightly. Lighting looks good though :)

There is too much lost detail in the lily for my liking. Slightly underexposing would have been better. I also prefer flowers to be backlit so they become more translucent. Nice idea though.

Good effort Dave. As has been said the lily is well blown though, you need to expose carefully for white objects to avoid this.

It's all there though - I've just adjusted the histogram to put the detail back in the lily and increased the contrast a little afterwards.

white2.jpg

Nice idea -I'm not sure the background really suits the subject though. Try using different coloured card for backgrounds. W.H. Smith do some large different coloured cards quite reasonably.

Hope you don't mind me trying to help?

I'd be trying to get in a little closer too. they're such beautiful flowers they need some attention. If the subject is moved off the backdrop a bit (foot or so) it can help to throw the background out of focus too and remove the distraction a touch.

thanks for the input guys all help and advice gratefully received. thanks again..

Back