White Peak help please

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm trying to find what I've often seen referred to as the "classic" viewpoint for the shot of Parkhouse and Chrome Hills. Looking at the photos I've seen, there is a predominant tree to the left of the shot followed by Parkhouse and the Chrome Hills.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Im sure its taken from the bottom end of Chrome hill. Walk up from the road that goes to Dowell Hall Farm which cuts between Chrome Hill & Parkhurst

Thanks Dave,

Just been having another look on Google maps and I can see a large Oak tree about half way along Parkhouse Hill before it starts to climb even higher. That looks to be a good possibility.

Thanks David,

I followed a post on here a few days ago where someone was "roasted" for posting someone else's piccy. Not wanting to get the same treatment, is it fine to add a link?

@FiestaRed i think you have your hills mixed up mate. That tree in the link above is on Chrome looking towards Parkhouse.

If you head up the lane as @dcash29 says, head up the left hand hill (Chrome) and follow the path, you will see the tree in the pic. There's a little gate under it that you go through which eventually leads you to the top. Turn around and that's your shot.

No issue with posting the link btw. (y)

Dave and David, that's the one. Brilliant. No wonder I couldn't find the tree on Google, I was on the wrong hill. At least I was in the right county though.

Thanks for all the help, really appreciated.

Will be walking in the area again soon, however I'll have to allocate time for a photo from there.

Back