White Tiger, Critique please

I can offer up a number of reasons (excuses) for the way this turned out but I'd like C&C anyway. Cheers

What do you think is wrong with it?? Sometimes self C&C is magic.

I quite like the photo (y)

What do you think is wrong with it?? Sometimes self C&C is magic.

I quite like the photo (y)

Well to start with it's a little soft as I was shooting through a wire fence.
It might have been better with more space to the left of the head but I was croping out unwanted background.
And maybe I could have used higher ISO giving me a better aperture and DOF although this may have made the wire fence more visible. :shrug:

Agree with the space to the left, give the tiger space to look into. Doesn't look too soft on my monitor, but increasing the DOF would have made the fence visible as you say.

Crop works for me! (y)

Well if you are shooting through wire you would definately want the widest aperture possible so maybe a higher ISO would have helped. My main issue with it would be the blown highlights on the leg - it doesn't look particularly soft to me though.

Well if you are shooting through wire you would definately want the widest aperture possible so maybe a higher ISO would have helped. My main issue with it would be the blown highlights on the leg - it doesn't look particularly soft to me though.

Yes I meant to mention the highlights being blown on the leg. How could I have I avoided that under the conditions of shooting in heavy shade and strong sunlight?

Back