White Tiger, Las Vegas

ACW

Edit My Images
Yes
One of the white tigers kept at the Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas.

Lovely animals, gentle but an intimidating presence.

200mm @ 2.8

8516450091_de30910ab3_c.jpg

Any comments and crit are appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Thats better than a lot of white tiger pictures you see in the shops!, would look great on the wall

lovely image but is it very ethical to keep a lion in a hotel?

Bluekwack said:
Thats better than a lot of white tiger pictures you see in the shops!, would look great on the wall

Thanks :) never normally that happy with my zoo shots but this one seemed to turn out ok.

bobman said:
lovely image but is it very ethical to keep a lion in a hotel?

Thank you, and its not actually in a hotel itself, it's in a sanctuary in the grounds of the hotel. It has more space than a lot of those kept in UK zoos! You know how Americans like to do things big!

SpikeK6 said:
Fantastic picture, love tigers

Thanks Spike, there were lions too but I also prefer tigers. Find them so interesting to watch. Had never seen a white one before.

Beautiful image...Almsot mesmerising.
Roy Horn always insisted on thier gentle nature....until one almost took his head off at the Mirage.
I've seen them too though, and they really are a beautiful thing to behold.

Beautiful image...Almsot mesmerising.
Roy Horn always insisted on thier gentle nature....until one almost took his head off at the Mirage.
I've seen them too though, and they really are a beautiful thing to behold.

Thank you Ruth, ahh yes, would have loved to see the show if it was still going.

Lot of argument that he was only injured because the tiger was trying to help him. Not sure personally, but either way Roy was a lucky man!

Can see why people would want to have these as pets and the like. But I guess at the end of the day they are wild animals and it only takes one occasion for them to kill you.

This is stunning, the head on perspective really works.

Thank you, took a small child walking behind me to attract its attention and get it head on! It was probably thinking "lunch"

Fantastic shot, that eye contact is amazing.

Thanks Harry :)

Beautiful, love the expression.

Now try it with a 24mm ...

If you'd like to give me a nice 24mm lens? Unfortunately I don't have one otherwise obviously I definitely would and wouldn't get brown trousers...lol

It's a great image, particularly for a zoo type setting.
IMO, the whites are a little hot, the blacks aren't quite black, and the eyes could use a little lightening.

I know edit preferences can be set in your profile, but I don't know how to tell what your settings are. I hope you're ok with this; I did a few minor adjustments.

Ok, how do you attach an image here? I had to upload it to my server and insert it... I'll take it down if you want.

Untitled-1.jpg

IMO, the whites are a little hot, the blacks aren't quite black, and the eyes could use a little lightening.

I know edit preferences can be set in your profile, but I don't know how to tell what your settings are. I hope you're ok with this; I did a few minor adjustments.

Ok, how do you attach an image here? I had to upload it to my server and insert it... I'll take it down if you want.

Untitled-1.jpg

You neglected to include the clockwise rotation :)

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks Steven, I think I was quite lucky with the lighting and the fence not proving much of a problem.

Absolutely fine with you editing it (y) thanks for taking the time to have a play.

Agree the eyes do look better, how I did prefer the dark green background rather than the black it is in the edit. (At least, it's meant to be dark green! Might need lightening)

While I'm making the rotation tonight will have a little play and see if I can get the face looking like how you've edited it and lighten the background.

rob_hawke said:
that is absolutely amazing! stunning tiger!

philpass79 said:
Very nice. I need to upload a few I took last summer.

markliamgraham said:
I really like this! I love the composition, the head-on angle is perfect.

Thank you guys :) your comments are appreciated.

Phil get the shots up on here!

Back