White Water Centre - Waltham Cross

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

'Just for Fun' photos but if anyone has any tips for me for this type of photography I'd appreciate them.

DSC03973-L.jpg

DSC03958-L.jpg

Going over :)

DSC04322-L.jpg

DSC04456-L.jpg

Both of the cropped close action shots are great the action is frozen with the focus still sharp and the feeling of action is left with the viewer. Wish I'd taken these especially the first one. (y)

Cheers EPP - the first one is my favourite as well.

Paul, you should go, although I think it's closing for a few weeks on Friday (I'm guessing for a London Prepares event).

I went rafting a few weeks ago and it is an absolutely brilliant thing to do - you should have a go.

When I took these pics on Saturday there were 3 capsizes and various people falling out the rafts. Believe me those rapids are rough!

I wish I had been on the other side of the water on the capsize that I took the above pic on - I would have had people sliding out the raft into the rapids - Hey Ho!!

E17phil can only agree with comments already said. Nice sharp colourfull images, captured the action well. Love the expression in #1.
I was at the Cardiff white water centre on Saturday taking pics and had a great time. Definately worth going again. Will post my images up later.

I saw this advertised when I was up at Lee Valley Riding last week and thought I want to go there and have a go. And not just at taking photos!

But as you said, it's now closed for London Prepares :(

I saw this advertised when I was up at Lee Valley Riding last week and thought I want to go there and have a go. And not just at taking photos!

But as you said, it's now closed for London Prepares :(

It was close up-until April while the GB slalom squad moved down from Nottingham and had exclusive use for training and is now only close this week as it's the test event for London 2012, it re-opens for public use 6 August.

If you want some kayaking in your shots, the the Olympic course is open at grade 4 water levels
Saturdays and Sundays, from 11am until 3pm and Thursday and Friday from 5pm until 7pm.

The easier Legacy course is open for kayaks
Saturdays and Sundays, from 10am until 2pm

As happened at Nottingham and planed for Lee Valley the course build for canoe slalom is now totally dominated by rafting, with little time being allowed for canoeing.

Thanks Mark, I'll have a little look. A few of my mates want to do this as do I so might combine the taking photos and having a go (obviously not at the same time though :LOL:)

Only about 20 minutes down the road from me also, and wondered if they minded people just going in and taking photos as id like to go and have a play :cool:

really like the 1st one as it makes me wonder why people do this !!
Good use of shutter speed and timing of the shot.

I'm up for that :D

Back