Whitelee wind farm - eaglesham

Name
Amy
Edit My Images
Yes
Went up to the windfarm at eaglesham the other day - its a pretty cool place to go for a walk around (providing your wrapped up warm !!)

i quite like this one and its not often I've seen the turbines facing in this direction. Not sure if a tighter crop would be better ?

sunset turbines by amymax18, on Flickr

this one I'm not so sure about - to me there is not enough movement in the blades to go for that type of shot (and i would have preferred a faster shutter speed) but i didn't realise at the time ...hands were freezing by this point!

6678186089_c278902994.jpg
[/url] windturbine by amymax18, on Flickr[/IMG]

any comments appreciated :)

Both of these work though I think that there is room for improvement in my eyes (y) on the first one I'd be very tempted to really play on the colours and really give them a kick in PP (y) and in the second one personally I would have liked to have seen a little more movement in the blades :thinking:

Matt
MWHCVT

no 2 is the most iconic of the genre
blue sky is well chosen as the windmill takes its pace as the main subject
the other small ones support the overall composition
cheers
geof
where is eaglesham again...seem to remember it when i worked in glasgow

I prefer photo 2. The turbine against the blue sky is interesting, complimented by the the other distant turbines. May try Eaglesham myself. Congrats.

well done...#1 for me cos that's how they usually look

i spent an afternoon there last year with Rockshifter and Flash [in the Pan]

all mine went in the bin........:LOL:

thanks for the comments guys :) I've already had a play with #1 in ps but just with the curves I might take it back and see what else I can do to!

I agree with the comments about number 1 ...could definitely do with some more movement in the blades (or less) its just in the middle and I don't like it ..I just liked how nice the sky was that day !

no 2 is the most iconic of the genre
blue sky is well chosen as the windmill takes its pace as the main subject
the other small ones support the overall composition
cheers
geof
where is eaglesham again...seem to remember it when i worked in glasgow

Eaglesham is just basically on the moor before you get into Kilmarnock from Glasgow.If you are coming down the M77 you would be better on the A77 (the "old"road) and the turn off for the windfarm is signposted ..and you cant really miss it :)

Eaglesham is just basically on the moor before you get into Kilmarnock from Glasgow.If you are coming down the M77 you would be better on the A77 (the "old"road) and the turn off for the windfarm is signposted ..and you cant really miss it :)

thanks Amy...i am not familiar with the west of glasgow
being a falkirk man i divided my time between glasgow and ediburgh for days out
cheers
geof

thanks Amy...i am not familiar with the west of glasgow
being a falkirk man i divided my time between glasgow and ediburgh for days out
cheers
geof

if you are ever in Glasgow its worth a visit - only 20 mins down the motorway and it has a nice coffee shop ! I go on about the place that much you would think I work for them...I don't honestly !!

if you are ever in Glasgow its worth a visit - only 20 mins down the motorway and it has a nice coffee shop ! I go on about the place that much you would think I work for them...I don't honestly !!

thanks
there was something about the name which rang a bell but i cant recall what it was...i was in glasgow in 1970-73 so its some time ago in my memory
cheers
geof

Back