Whitford Lighthouse

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
This is the view across from Burry Port to the Gower. The light-house is one of the last iron ones in the UK. It's a BW conversion in CS4 with a single colour toning.

C&C welcome

4659987789_af02416f95_b.jpg

This wasn't posted for crit, it was to brag wasn't it! :LOL:

'Tis a lovely shot, the only crit I have is the wet sand on the left looks a bit too burnt out.

Nick.

wow, that lighthouse looks mad, looks slightly russian ... :s I think you could of done, something similar (post processing) like your first post for the second? good photos none the less!

This is one of the lighthouses to visit.

I have a thing for lighthouses :shake:

Agree that some of the top could be cropped but the strands of light comng thro the cloud are great. I can never seem to capture them myself

the lighthouse looks a very interestin structure

This is good, fantastic light. I think I agree on the slight top crop. Might I also suggest cloning out the post on the mid-right. I think it draws away from the subject.

I think that there is too much 'paper' toning on the silver/sepia tint - that is to say the white areas are too tinted. I tried running it through silverefex pro, converting it to pure B&W then applying a 25% silver tint (to the dark areas) with a 0% paper tint. I feel that is an improvement, though it is of course subjective. It is also very successful in pure B&W, but then you have already decided against that...

What an amazing lighthouse!!!!

I can't believe we stayed at Tankeylake Farn in Llangennith on the Gower last year and missed this!!!!

beautiful capture and I really like the lighthouse too. :)

Llangennith is a great place, isn't it. The wife and I were mountain-biking around there today and spent a very happy half-hour sitting out on the pub terrace with a beer in the hot sun. It's a hard life.

Back