Whitstable Part Deux

Edit My Images
No
Whitstable2.jpg

Just finished processing another of the shots I took on Whitstable beach on Saturday evening so I thought I would share this one as well.

I loved the way the sunlight was reflecting off the stones on the beach making them sparkle and the warmth of the light on the wooden groyne.

Handheld. 17-55 f/2.8 @ 17mm. 1/30th sec @ f/8, ISO 100

As before I used a circular polarizer to add more depth to the blue of the sky and the image has been cropped, levels adjusted and a few small objects cloned out in CS2 before a slight USM.

It works well - remind me of my youth - getting lumbered with slippery pole at Tankerton regatta! Grandparents the Parents lived at Chestfield and relations in Whitstable so spent many happy hours along those beaches.

Love the colours in the shot , just so rich but not over the top :) .

On a composition note , try stretching the image by 25% horizontaly to give it a more panoramic layout , had a quick play and it gives a nice layout.

*usual disclaimer*

I know nowt (so says my wife & she knows)

i like that, lovely colours and feels calm

Who says you can't find tranquillity in England ... ?

Lovely warm, rich colours and good composition ... imo !

that is another cracker.

you have officially inspired me, i shall spend this weekend looking for nice beach shots of sunset :)

That is a beautiful shot captured very well. (y)

Another lovely shot Evilowl. It has a nice feeling of warmth and peace about it. You do realise that you've set a very high standard for yourself now though ;)

Back