Who can I get to write the foreword in my book?

Roger McGough. Loves Liverpool. And I can't think of anyone better to do the intro.
He has the wit and ability to write it well. And funny.

Nachtwey :)

Actually....He's alive isn't he...why not email?

He is, and falls into the unsuitable category. He photographs war. I photograph Liverpool. *awaits obvious jokes*

I think you need to consider the following:

What is the target market for the book?

The target is people who like my work and people who like Liverpool. I'm not after the name as a selling point. I don't want people to buy it because its got a foreword by Prince Phillip or something. I want something that compliments the work and adds a bit of extra weight to it. The pictures will sell the book. I've been told that by Waterstones and a lot of people who want to buy a copy. It'll sell. This is just icing. Maybe its simply that I feel that I need the approval of a name to validate my work.

Well, like i said before pete, i am offering to do it for you.
Now, i know there's a possibilty that i will over shadow your work, but lets face it, it'll sell the book.

now, if you email me and we can come to some kind of royalty arrangement

Just throwing something in...
Does it HAVE to be a tog?
Could you not get someone who has a link with Liverpool.
People will relate more i feel, with a local hero :)
Maybe you could get yourself a celebrity portrait (if you do that sorta thing)

I've just read the whole thread and hadn't realised how old it was! So tell us, who wrote the foreword?! Or do we have to buy the book to find out?! :D

Sorta says if you clicked the link :p Its by Andy Roberts. He's a musician who lived in Liverpool during the 60s and wrote a fantastic piece about his time there and my work.

You don't need a photographer. Very few photographers are known to the general public. It might seem a good ego boost but it probably won't sell that many books.

If you're self-publishing you can't ask the publisher to approach someone, which makes it a bit more difficult. But there must be hundreds of famous scousers out there, one of whom would surely do the job.

Oh yes.....and you'll probably have to write it yourself anyway......

Sorta says if you clicked the link :p Its by Andy Roberts. He's a musician who lived in Liverpool during the 60s and wrote a fantastic piece about his time there and my work.

Ah right, I had a look but I couldn't see it! Never heard of him, but if it's good enough for you and the book, congrats!

As for the people still offering advice, I think it might be a little late! :D

Chris

I remember Andy Roberts actually. He was the guitarist in a band called "The Liverpool Scene" which also included the three Liverpool poets (McGough, Henri, Patten). Wild! I was about 16 at the time.

And he did an album, possibly called "Applecross", but which definitely contained a track called Applecross, about a place (ditto) on the west coast of Scotland. It was so beautiful I just had to go there. And it was just as beautiful as the name and the music was.

A good choice for the foreward, then.... I hope it worked.

How did this thread get rescucitated then?

Back