Who does finance???

Name
Glenn
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, im looking at buying a new lens. Not sure what i want exactly but i know its not going to be a cheapo and financially its not something i can pay for out right at the moment.

So who does finance or payment plans? I used to use jessops in times like these but as we are all aware of, thats a no go now!

Thanks for your help.

Would you not be better shopping around for a personal loan? Financing options are rarely good value.

Another option is buy it on a credit card, and that transfer it onto an interest free balance transfer card, there are some stonking deals on balance transfers currently if you've got the credit rating (y)

Clifton Cameras do but at 19+%

Thanks for the replies, good ideas there to be thinking about. 19% is a bit steep so will be looking at another option i think.

Another option is buy it on a credit card, and that transfer it onto an interest free balance transfer card, there are some stonking deals on balance transfers currently if you've got the credit rating (y)

Check on any transfer fees. While the credit might be interest free, the transfer itself will usually incur a fee of a couple of percent.

TBH, if you can't afford to buy the kit outright (no credit of any kind), you can't really afford the kit. Give up something non-essential and keep the cash in a jar until you have enough.

Check on any transfer fees. While the credit might be interest free, the transfer itself will usually incur a fee of a couple of percent.

TBH, if you can't afford to buy the kit outright (no credit of any kind), you can't really afford the kit. Give up something non-essential and keep the cash in a jar until you have enough.

Blimey could that sound any more patronising ?

I just got a 6d from Clifton interest free! Could I afford to by it outright, not a problem. Does it make sense to use 0% in any situation, of course it does, especially from a business point of view.

Nod said:

I used to work for a credit card company and I've just that trick a couple of times is all about money management I like to make my money work for me (y) when I brought my first DSLR and other but I spent £1500 on it I could have paid this in cash no issues but what I did was pay it on credit card affording certain protections, and buying just after my cycle date giving me a 58 day interest free period (y) in the time I applied for my new card with a 12 month BT figure for a 3% fee (£45) I was able to risk applying after spending the money as I knew worst case I could pay it off ;) once I had done the BT I then set up to but £3000 into a high interest account as because I hadn't had to pay OOF the camera I one lump I could now afford this too ;) net result for £45 I had interest free for close to 14 months actually, I had the full production of the CCA (y) and a savings account tha matured in time to pay off the debt in full that on maturity had grown by £167 minus the £45 giving a profit of £122 :D even accounting for inflation at the time my money had grow (y)

Or just get a new credit card with 0% interest on purchases. I recently got a Halifax card with 15 months 0% on purchases, there seemed to be quite a few 0% purchases cards available

Or just get a new credit card with 0% interest on purchases. I recently got a Halifax card with 15 months 0% on purchases, there seemed to be quite a few 0% purchases cards available

Yeah that's an option too I'll be honest and say I'd never heard of any CCP offering that long on purchases

Blimey could that sound any more patronising ?

I just got a 6d from Clifton interest free! Could I afford to by it outright, not a problem. Does it make sense to use 0% in any situation, of course it does, especially from a business point of view.

Given the current differential between interest rates on savings and inflation, it probably makes more sense spending the money than saving it!

I used to work for a credit card company and I've just that trick a couple of times is all about money management I like to make my money work for me (y) when I brought my first DSLR and other but I spent £1500 on it I could have paid this in cash no issues but what I did was pay it on credit card affording certain protections, and buying just after my cycle date giving me a 58 day interest free period (y) in the time I applied for my new card with a 12 month BT figure for a 3% fee (£45) I was able to risk applying after spending the money as I knew worst case I could pay it off ;) once I had done the BT I then set up to but £3000 into a high interest account as because I hadn't had to pay OOF the camera I one lump I could now afford this too ;) net result for £45 I had interest free for close to 14 months actually, I had the full production of the CCA (y) and a savings account tha matured in time to pay off the debt in full that on maturity had grown by £167 minus the £45 giving a profit of £122 :D even accounting for inflation at the time my money had grow (y)

Or, you could have used some of the money saved to buy some punctuation marks ! A full stop or two might have been nice.:LOL:
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Last edited:
Hi all, im looking at buying a new lens. Not sure what i want exactly but i know its not going to be a cheapo and financially its not something i can pay for out right at the moment.

So who does finance or payment plans? I used to use jessops in times like these but as we are all aware of, thats a no go now!

Thanks for your help.

Currys and PC World offer the following finance options at the moment.

6 Months buy now pay later (£25 admin fee)

Simply 10 -10 months payments by direct debit with 10% interest on the amount borrowed.

Monthly payment plan - Available over 24 or 36 Months @ 19.9% apr.

Back